don't click here

Sonic X - Available Uncut by 4Kids on Hulu and Youtube

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mendinso, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Fuzedknight

Fuzedknight

Epic Gnome Time! Member
    So for perfect clarity, are you telling me in this post that Sonic X really doesn't get any better plot-wise than whats already been said from Episode 22 and up? Just trying to be sure because sure ill watch if theres redeeming qualities but for now I'm hesitant.

2. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    I think the second half of series one (or season two if you will) gets better, not just because of the game adaptations -- the standalone stories get better and they are doing more arcs overall, as well.

3. Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Get it? A sonic screwdriver? Member
    Timey-Wimey detector.
    Looks like I won't be getting any sleep for a while.

I never actually watched this show when it aired.

4. Fuzedknight

Fuzedknight

Epic Gnome Time! Member
    Well thats good to hear, I will give it a chance then. Time to bank 4 more hours watching!

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So you saw it in RAW format too the first time?

I didn't have a damned clue what they were saying but I still enjoyed the heck out of it.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I was rather notorious on CulT for refusing to watch an episode if only a .rm version was available. Managed it, though. =P

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Heh that old format. Tails2k was my place way back when the .rm format was a regular along with .avi.

8. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    There are only a handful of important plots, but I believe there were some legitimately good parts.

Like right after after SA2 gets wrapped up, the episodes where Robotnik is controlling the moon and Sonic is public enemy number 1 are actually pretty exciting... Though I would have probably liked it more if the role reversal went on a while longer and with a little more depth.

If you are looking for the episodes which actually add to the plot, it's probably as follows:

1-5, 11-13, 23-26 (sort of a finale in it's own right), 27 just so you know how they wrapped up 26. skip everything up to the end of SA2 since you already know how it goes, pick up from there and watch until there starts being something about a volcano. Skip the volcano shit and watch the last 3 or 4 episodes.

As for season 2, again, a handful of important episodes. Watch the first couple just to get the plot started, but you aren't going to want to watch as much in the middle because it's mostly filler. Basically if Robotnik gets heavily involved it's worth watching. The saloon episode is worth watching. The episode where Knuckles gets knocked unconscious and scribbled on is worth watching if only for a couple scenes. Some discarded plot arc involving fake emeralds and a dark super-sonic or something... you can probably skip that since it never goes anywhere... and it's mostly about the end after that.

9. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    Despite recent events, episode 53 went up as scheduled. You can watch it here on Hulu.

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Ah...The good ol' days. Actually I can't even watch Sonic X with subs for some reason.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Oh I'm sure that anything thats going on with yu-gi-oh! at the moment wont stop them from showing this unless the whole company goes under.

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    All 4KIDS has is Yu-Gi-Oh! and Sonic X as far as I can tell, and we all know Sonic X has ended so it's been on re-runs for years.

13. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    They also have Dinosaur King and Ojamajo Doremi still... Chaotic as well. They have TV Rights to Dragonball Kai, Huntik, and Magi Nation. I think they may still have Rollbots.

14. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    But really sucessful franchises, Sonic and Yu-GiOH! only. Now they lost Yu-Gi-OH!, after Pokémon and TMNT (One Piece they dropped).

Maybe, this means Sonic have a chance to get a new series by 4KIDS? :v: I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Its...possiable after all season 3/series 2 of SX was a fan-demanded season/series. but 4kids wants to fight tooth and nail to get yu-gi-oh! back so I don't think there going to let it go so easy or just say "Eh whatever forget yu-gi-oh we have sawnik ex!".

16. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    It's not exactly like they could produce another season all by themselves, and TMS ain't gonna do it. :B

17. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    It isn't like there aren't hundreds if not thousands of unlocalized anime into which they could sink their fangs.

18. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    Well, Episode 54 is up. Went up a bit earlier than usual. Not complaining.

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So what did 4KIDS do for stuff like Sonic saying "shit" in Episode 2?

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I'm curious about this too. I don't completely trust them with subbing I got a gut feeling there still censoring in some way.