don't click here

Sonic Worlds 1.4.3 - Need help with loop layers

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by MisterEightySix, Mar 20, 2015.

1. MisterEightySix

MisterEightySix

Jerk of All Trades Member
    Project FTA
    Yes, I know, I look like "that guy" right now, but I have virtually zero experience with Sonic Worlds other than what I've discovered from just screwing around with it and reading Lake's guide. Neither of those have helped me figure this out, so kindly cut an overambitious moron like me some slack, if you don't mind. :v:

Anyway, I'm just testing the waters to see what I can get away with in the engine, and for some reason, Sonic refuses to go onto layer 1, even when explicitly told to do so by the layer changers. Obviously, there's something I'm not getting here. Can somebody help me, or direct me to some answers, before I start tearing my hair out in frustration?

2. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    You're trying to get him to move to Layer 1 literally? The background layer? I'm confused as to what you mean. Can you provide screenshots?

3. MisterEightySix

MisterEightySix

Jerk of All Trades Member
    Project FTA
    Sorry, I must have not been clear. Basically, this incredibly sloppy MS Paint image sums it up. (I know the layer switch at the top of the loop isn't the right one to be using - it's just for testing purposes.)

[​IMG]

He goes up the loop, interacting with the red wall piece, just fine. Unless I'm mistaken, this should change to interacting with the blue piece after he touches the layer switch at the top, but for some reason the blue piece remains intangible and the red piece stays solid, preventing Sonic from progressing. I'm just trying to understand why this is happening and what I can do about it.

4. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Are you sure the layer switch objects are on the correct object layer? Also, I should point out that you should use a layer toggle at the apex of the loop, otherwise you can't backtrack.

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Theres tons of points of failure with this. Anything from not having the object that switches layers not on the right plane, etc. Best to look at an example from an untouched worlds engine.

6. Xilla

Xilla

I fail to understand....I begin to see! Member
    If you're really stuck, copy and paste from the Base Level. That's what I did until I figured it out :)