don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Define "way" better. It'll still suck cocks compared to the PS3 & 360 versions.

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'd imagine it'd have been around par with Super Mario Galaxy or something in visuals. As it stands, something about the Wii version, and this is especially visible in the Chun-nan trailer, is really grainy looking. The Wii, even if it were running at a stronger graphical range, would still pale to the HD consoles' version.

In the long run, though, the Wii version still looks amusing, so Wii (only... or multiplat owners who pick that one) owners will at least have fun with it.

3. Rokkan

Rokkan

The Wii graphics, impressively enough, seems way better than 1/2 of the Wii game libraries.
    I liked them a lot since the first screens, and they seem a whole lot better than the SatBK graphics, so, yeah, being the 360 version or not, Sonic Unleashed's graphics are pretty damn nice.

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    With regards to the Wii, that's not saying much since a majority of the Wii's library is garbage. ;)

5. Sokaris

Sokaris

Here is a man who stood up. Member
    New vid of Wii Apotos Here.
    Looks very empty compared to the 360 version.

6. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Wii Apotos looks better than Wii Spagonia, but the 360 version does look better. And also, the Hedgehog Engine = modern day Blast Processing.

7. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    The beginning made it look fun. The Middle made it look average. The End made me want to rent the Wii version for the differences.

All in all, it's nice to see that they are trying to give the same experience over the platforms, but they just are not cutting it. I can see where they try go get you to trick yourself into having shallow RUNRUNRUN fun, but if you screw it up, then you are just left thinking that the area is ridiculously empty.

Also, I was not happy with the lack of badniks. I know it's the first level, but come on...

8. Nibble

Nibble

Oldbie
    Yeah, Wii version looks a bit mediocre to me. 360/PS3 version of Apotos has a lot more variety and detail, and generally more... levelness.

9. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    By the way, for anyone who doesn't want to download the big file but wants to see the empire city trailer better than Youtube, Gametrailers has a pretty good quality version.

10. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    Oh god, I love the empire city music so much. And the Wii apatos stuff, it looks fun, but linear. Very Sonic Adventurish nonetheless.

11. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    For what it's worth, Empire City probably has more "death pits" than other levels because it's much later in the game and people still think that adds to the difficulty. Thing is, this time around, it doesn't look like pits are the same as cheap deaths. This time it looks like you fall to your death if you screw up. Not the game. You.

Just watched that Apotos video. I'm sorry, but I hope it's that boring and empty because it's the first level. It just looks...gimped compared to the 360/PS3 versions. I mean, Chip isn't even there when you start the level. The whole level just feels like what would be left after Sonic had already run through the 360 iteration of Apotos. There'd be a couple new paths, but not as many robots because Sonic trounced most of them already.

I'm...actually skeptical. I really do hope it just feels this way because it's the first level.

12. Lizam

Lizam

Lizam Member
    Australia
    Mario & Sonic: Worlds Clash
    Empire City reminds me a lot of Speed Highway from Sonic Adventure ^^

Running up and down buildings, running through glass etc

Though, I'm not a fan of Sonic's lightdash animation. It seems like he just floats across. It's feels slow too.

Edit: Werehogs air kick rush!!! (0:46)

13. Vaiz

Vaiz

Internet.
    On that note, it feels very reminiscent of Radical Highway and Speed Highway (Particularly the 'at dawn' section, visually) from SA2 and 1 respectively, particularly. In which case, people can't really fault the bottomless pits because they make sense locationwise. That high up in a large city, if you fell, yeah, you'd die.

14. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
    I agree that Wii Apatos video did have slightly empty environments, but it really brought me back to the Genesis games. Ah....nostalgia...

Just thought I would let people know if it wasn't already mentioned, if you pre-order on Amazon.com you can get free shipping and five dollars off your order. (Ha...I just saw you can already pre-order Sonic and the Black Knight with a release date of March 10th) Anyway, just use the code UNLEASH5 when you check out.

15. Cap

Cap

*note, Europe is set for Nov 28th for all consoles.

We'll tell if it's good or not then. But amazon are about the only site still saying the date for release is Nov 30th, which is useless considering thats where I always buy from. Hopefully they'll fix that soon.

16. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Blah, Im gonna have to get the crappy version -_-
    maybe I should just wait until I own a PS3

17. Vaiz

Vaiz

Internet.
    I dunno that I'd call it 'crappy', it's definitely playable and looks damn fun, but linear and maybe just a tad inferior to the ps360 versions, I guess maybe.

18. Retrogamer

Retrogamer

1996: Sonic flips the birdie. Member
    I'm kind of in a debate for which version I should get. Should I get the PS2 version or the Wii version? (I don't have a PS3 or 360)

But I love the sound Sonic makes when he gets the boost. Griffith has really improved here.

19. synchronizer

synchronizer

I would say Wii, because I think the graphics are slightly better, but if you do not like motion controls, stick with PS2.

20. Machenstein

Machenstein

The Wii Apotos footage has removed some of my doubts. The only things I didn't like were the lack of enemies and that repetitve grunting sound Sonic makes every time he drifts. That's it. Everything else looks fine and a huge step up from the Wii Spagonia footage.

Come to think of it, I don't think the Wii Spagonia footage had the full level. The Wii Apotos footage has more than one 2D to 3D transition, unlike the Wii Spagonia level which only had one transition, and there is a boss battle to top it all off. Perhaps the Wii Spagonia we saw was merely a demo and not the full level after all.

Empire City looks great, but I have one thing to note. The boss that was chasing Sonic in the trailer is the same one from the Wii Apotos footage. Anyone think we'll be getting a recurring boss? Maybe the developers decided to pull a Game Gear Ristar and put the bosses in different levels this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.