don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    That could be cool. I happened to enjoy the Wiimote's implementation in Mario Galaxy; certainly this is more extreme but looks like it could be very fun if it's done right -- however it'll be harder to do since the game is relying on it more. I guess as long as there's nothing like those damn ball rolling segments, I'll be happy.

2. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    I thought something similar. When looking back at all the recent games, any dialogue like that mid-play sounds forced usually. Exaggerated almost to the point of sounding sarcastic. The sounds in this trailer though actually strike me as sounding, uh, I'm not sure how to put it... Free? It sounds like honest exhilaration and thrill, not "MY HEAD IS SPINNIIIIING.".

3. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    rapidshare'd, cause IGN takes too long. Plays in VLC or any other flv compatible player.

And holy crap, I'm assuming that that's Jason Griffith, I guess that's what he sounds like when he actually acts.

4. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I always thought that was something Mario did very well that Sonic really seems to have tried to do and failed with utterly. It was one of many things that should have stopped after Heroes -- and was my one major gripe with the title.

I'm sure that the cutscenes will have some VA work, though. I'm not overly upset with that -- Sunshine's VA work wasn't that great either, and Galaxy's occasional bits of sound bites was just didn't work for me well -- they felt awkward, though not overly annoying.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Feels good!

Anyways this trailer is definitely leaning me towards buying both versions. I hate paying for the same thing twice, but seeing as how there are differences, and I've purchased Sonic 1 in like 20 different forms, I must not hate it too much.

Plus the Wii version is superior due to the super spin attack and the fact that ranks are based off time, not score. Jason also seems like he can actually act this time. About time.

6. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    That trailer just sold the game for me. That even made the werehog sections look fun. I hope the PS2 version isn't too bogged down because that's all I gots to play it. OH please please do not like Sega screw this one up.

7. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    Honestly, that voice doesn't sound like Jason. It might just be my ears, but I'm almost positive that it isn't him. Just something seems off. I know, you can't really judge from some random yells, but still...

8. Phos

Phos

Actually, a while back I read in a comment on Camp Sonic that Sean Schemmel would be voicing Sonic. There was no evidence provided.

9. Vaiz

Vaiz

Internet.
    Goku = Sonic?

Somehow... I can't see anything wrong with that, at all. In fact, the irony is wonderful.

10. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    I was hoping they'd go back to Ryan Drummond.

11. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    That's what I'm told. :thumbsup:

In any event—it looks very much like there's going to be a major PR push for this title, in much the same way that Chronicles got one. I'm not sure if that means this game will be all that and a bag of chips, or if it's going to lead to a moderate disappointment, a la Chronicles.

12. Why is everyone getting horny over this? I mean, yeah, sure, it looks nice and everything, but nothing is being introduced than we've already seen at TGS. Besides a barely-hearable voice actor (I'm watching the rapidshare version, so maybe it's more prominent in the original, but it doesn't seem like a big deal to me).

I realized this a few days ago: if all of the night levels involve the Werehog, that means that we're not getting a nighttime highway level, are we?

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    That's why the division of gameplay is 60/40 I'd bet.

14. Phos

Phos

No, I just snatched the flv off IGN and put it on rapidshare because I don't like their embedded player.

15. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    If we take the theory that Super Sonic was based on Super Saiyans... =P

16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Completely agreed. I watched this trailer and I got goosebumps, which usually only happens when I see something either:

A) Extremely awesome.
    B) Extremely nostalgic.

I'm really, really looking forward to this. I watch the trailer and I get an overwhelming feel of "FUCK YES!" the whole way through. :D

17. Yeah, I'm seriously not seeing anything new. It's a console Sonic Rush with some corridor 3D segments. Wasn't around for the Genesis days, but I'm just not seeing it.

18. Vaiz

Vaiz

Internet.

Enjoying being negative to counteract every time someone posts something positive?

19. Machenstein

Machenstein

Regardless if it is Jason, I really like how energetic Sonic sounds in the new trailer. He almost sounds like a Ninja Turtle, which is fine because Sonic is meant to be youthful in that oldschool sort of way. Just as long as he doesn't start shouting 80's slang every ten seconds.

Speaking of Jason, if that isn't Jason and some new guy, that could explain why Sonic Chronicles didn't use any voice samples. You have to admit there is something fishy about those sound effects in combat mode.

Where am I getting to? Ah yes, the trailer. My doubts about the Wii version have been removed. There is definitely more of an emphasis on the 2D sections. The graphics look very sharp, save a few pixelated textures I spotted, and the whole thing just looks really smooth even without the Hedgehog Engine. It just goes to show what an extra year of development time could do.

20. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    You guys want negativity? Go here.

I facepalm every time I read threads at neoGAF.

These people are fucking tools who have been trained to parrot "god this looks bad" endlessly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.