don't click here

Sonic Unleashed Speed Runs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Empire City
    <!--id1--><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HHvh2pFBfGM&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HHvh2pFBfGM&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><!--id2-->

Adabat
    <!--id1--><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MHsxs_fRcow&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MHsxs_fRcow&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><!--id2-->

Both by the same guy too.

My eyes are bleeding at their sheer awesomeness.

2. Freakin insane dude.

3. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

O'Doyle rules! Member
    GA
    Wow, I gotta say, I think this is the first time I've ever seen a YouTube video embedded into a MB post.

That's some fine speed runnin'.

Oh my God he raped Adabat.

4. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    And this is the first time I've seen someone attempt to embed a video, with disappointing results.

(Internet Explorer)

5. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

O'Doyle rules! Member
    GA

I'm using Opera, and I can view them just fine. You'd think Microsoft's own internet browser could too.

You know, I always kinda thought there was some weird unwritten "don't embed videos" rule (just because nobody does I guess), though I imagine it's probably due to reduce a page's loading time. Not all machines can handle the power and majesty of embedded videos.

I'm surprised mine can.

6. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Google Chrome can view them a well. Firefox cannot, so I guess that's why no one posts them. For some reason, when I'm using Firefox, my computer will occasionally choke on a Youtube video, but only if I'm actually at the site. I think it's because I have like four addons that do stuff related to Youtube.

Heh, he gets so far ahead of the interceptor in Jungle Joyride that the ground pound waves don't even reach him.

7. Firion

Firion

Can you find the actual Youtube link please? Internet Explorer isnt letting this show up.

DAMN YOU I.E! :psyduck:

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

O'Doyle rules! Member
    GA
    I've switched between three or four browsers over the past several months (especially back in November due to some computer troubles), and I've never really had a problem viewing embedded videos anywhere.

Links-
    Empire City

Adabat.

9. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
  10. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I've seen a YouTube video being used as an avatar here not so long ago (like, the past month) =/

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    You know, watching videos like these, I feel like I'd really like the daytime stages.

Pity that the controls are crap and the night stages are so much better.

12. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    The controls aren't THAT bad, and things like the quick step and drift seem to have been implemented to give you a better handle on things. Seriously, if you liked Sonic Adventure 2, you're going to like Sonic Unleashed (self-whoring youtube link :psyduck: ).

13. corneliab

corneliab

Isn't it about time you played some VIDEOGAMES? Member
    Zero Mortals
  14. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    I haven't found any ways to exploit the level design in the Wii version yet.

15. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    I recall seeing one used under 'Current Project' or something as well.

And wow, that guy could probably beat Adabat blindfolded.

16. Ritchie Ramone

Ritchie Ramone

I'm pretty sure that was Nineko, but I could be wrong on that.

17. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    *waves hand*

Yes, it was me.

And yes, those videos in the first post shouldn't show up if your browser is doing it right.

18. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Gah, you removed the script =P But yeah, it showed up as text. Yet I can see the Flash video. I think it's a board feature actually. Moreover, I think Xkeeper already used this feature before for his Lua+emulator posts.

19. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Posting it here (told to Nineko already on IRC) because apparently browsers get different code:
    Code (Text):
    1. <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MHsxs_fRcow&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>
    EDIT: that e in embed should be & #101; (together) >_>

EDIT: nineko blanked his post <_<

EDIT: he says that it outputs always like I posted. Still... it shouldn't work x_x;

20. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I can beat Arid Sands and Skyscraper Scamper in 00:00:00 :v:

But seriously, hot damn! I didn't know the stages could be exploited like this! Those crazy Japanese are always finding new things out about our Sonic games, aren't they?

Also, I do recall maintaining 3D gameplay in a 2D section in Dragon Road on the Wii version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.