don't click here

Sonic Twosday! :)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mad Echidna, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    What are you guys doing for Sonic Twosday this year? I pretty much feel like it's one of the more important holidays to me since Sonic 2 was such a big part of my childhood. Last year I was able to sit on skype all day because I was unemployed, but this year I have to work. I'd love to play Sonic 2 XBLA with some of you guys in the evening though!

2. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    I'm at a placed I'm forced to work without pay, though people have started taking me seriously, and I have my own office, with a top of the range PC in there, and guitars, good speakers to play my music, and I can do what I like when I'm not web programming, So I'll be playing S2 at some point. :D

3. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    If I'm working, I'll give Sonic 2 a playthrough. If I'm not working, I'll Sonic 2 (as well as many, many Sonic 2 hacks) a playthrough, considering I can beat Sonic 2 in roughly 40 minutes easy.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm probably going to play Sonic Colors at some point today. That kinda counts. It's Sonic related at least

5. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    I'll play some Sonic 2 XBLA with you later. Live name's "injunsteveoboan" (lol buying xboxes with live used)

6. Hmm...well I played Sonic 2 Heroes in its entirety yesterday... I guess that counts?

I'll also probably be playing Sonic 4 a wee bit (as its fun to just run through the zones) and definitly be playing Sonic Colors as I'll be picking that up today.

7. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    I'll be working, but after I get out of work, and everything goes well, I'll be Gran Tourismo-ing. Sorry Sonic.......

8. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I'll finish up this day at work, and... probably be playing TF2.

...what? Surely you didn't expect EVERYONE to drop what they're doing and immediately start playing Sonic 2 over again. It's a great game, but I don't see the sense in dignifying its release date like a holiday (Sonic 1, maybe, being the start of the franchise, but not Sonic 2). It's not even a Tuesday!

However, do enjoy it if you really want to celebrate today. For me, it's just Friday. I'll probably care more in two years, when we're talking 20th anniversary.

9. Hey Mad, if I'm on, hit me up. FriendofSonic

10. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    I didn't know Sonic 2sday was held in such high regard here.

11. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I'll play all sorts of sequels: Left 4 Dead 2, Sonic 2, Super Mario Bros. 2, etc. And then I'll curse at SEGA for not releasing 4 or Colors on Sonic 2sday.

12. I have the week off work! (Conveniently.)

This is perfect. It also gives me an excuse for getting the achievements on my Xbox. I am cancelling any plan that may of been made on Sonic 2'sday evening.

:D

13. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    I'm down for this. I haven't had the chance to play this very much online since NOBODY fucking plays. Ever.

14. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    I'll be furiously trying to get LD out the door before midnight.

Doesn't really count this year. Twosday is not on a Tuesday.

15. Toasty

Toasty

BulbaSAUR! Member
    I have Tuesday off, so I may play through Sonic 2 for old times.

Wasn't it released 24/11/1992, though? Too bad the 24th is a wednesday...

16. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I haven't played through Sonic 2 since 2007. I'll give it a go on Tuesday.Also I'll wear my Sonic hat.

I still think June 23rd is a more important date.

17. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Well it depends on if I'm not working or not. If I'm not then I'm going to be with my girlfriend all day, and my genesis stuffs are over at her house, so I'll be playing Sonic 2 and Knux in Sonic 2. :3 And if I do have work, well I'll do that when I get off. :v:

18. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I'll be playing it on Tuesday, and perhaps Wednesday for good measure. Hell, any excuse to play Sonic 2 is a good one.

19. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Nothing particular. I don't care enough about Sonic 2 now to do something particular for it.

20. Espyo

Espyo

Portugal, Porto, some street
    A Pikmin fan engine - Pikifen (https://pikminfanon.com/Pikifen)
    Let's see... what I'll be doing on Sonic twosday... Not much... Just celebrating my birthday. That's right, born one year before Sonic 2. Oh yeah. And to make things even better, there's going to be a general strike (or however you call it. Basically, buses, schools, shops, almost everything is closed) here in Portugal at that same day. I'll celebrate by playing Sonic 2, of course!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.