Sonic Triple Trouble 16-Bit

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Noah Copeland, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Noah Copeland

Noah Copeland

I'm glad you've had fun!

I've encountered that softlock myself. I had put in code in hopes to fix it in one of the patches but looks like it's still there. I'm still scratching my head over it as I've never been able to recreate the bug on purpose; therefore, I can't figure out how to fix it.

Thanks for pointing out that missing collision. I'll fix it.

The collapsing platform only breaking on the right is worked as intended, however. The collapsing platforms are divided into sections. Stand on the right side and the right side collapses; vice versea for left side. Thanks for your post!

2. DerZocker

DerZocker

deep in the past
    Spriting and hardly getting shit done
    I've basically grew up there, (well Duisburg, but it's almost the same*g) so be assured that this is one of my top priorities ;D

3. Mega Spit

Mega Spit

After a few years of lurking, I'm going to finally post just to say that this project is beautiful. I've always loved Triple Trouble. I have a lot of good memories of playing it on my gamegear as a kid.

I've always wanted to see a 16 bit remake that would do the game justice. I'm glad to see that you guys have done it! I'm really looking forward to it's release!

4. Zeoinx

Zeoinx

Not sure if this was answered in a later post, as i didnt browse the ENTIRE thread, but ......if you really go into every sonic "lore" that came out, in particular for the games, the Sonic Advanced Series on GBA, the "Metal Knuckles" doppelganger actually comes up a few times, and I am assuming it started in Triple Trouble.

5. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

The ending with Knuckles in a cage isn't rocket science. Eggman had previously fooled Knuckles into fighting Sonic. Then after the Tidal Plant boss, Eggman betrayed Knuckles and locked him in a cage, either because he had enough of his failures to stop Sonic, or because Knuckles was getting suspicious. No need for evil doppelgangers.

6. Zeoinx

Zeoinx

This would only apply if this game's level were interwoven in between Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

7. Knuckles was hoodwinked a second time. That Knuckles was fooled again in Adventure 1 and Advance 2, it's something of a character trait of his. In the case of Triple Trouble it's likely Aspect was largely in the dark about much of Sonic 3, considering they had to rename Nack to Fang to avoid confusion with how Knuckles' name is pronounced in Japanese; it's possible that TT started the running gag that he's just that gullible.