don't click here

Sonic: The Shadow World | 2005 Climax Pitch

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Borman, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Borman

Borman

As I dig through more Climax stuff, there are a ton of pitches like this where it isn't clear how far exactly they went, but they aren't out of the realm of possibility for things that could have happened either.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Huh, interesting. Kinda glad the idea was scrapped though, lord knows the series had enough grim dark at the time did we really need more? Also the idea of Shadow having his own universe just went completely against Shadow's actual backstory so the idea didn't even make sense from the start.

3. This kind of shit makes me wish the Sonic series ended with 3K

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well then we'd never have Mania :V But hey someone decided to shitcan this bad idea so that's good

5. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I have to agree. It sounds like a bad fanfic, and the grim environments would probably get old fast.

Chill. It was just a pitch made to Sega. It never went beyond that as far as we know.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  6. Powpuck

Powpuck

Maybe the Black Arms are like the Ing and have their own stygian mirror reality, and Shadow could access it inherently.

Tonally it stinks, but maybe there could've been some worthy mechanics in that premise. At least it isn't more dakka.

7. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    +1 for Metroid Prime 2

Are we sure that vestiges of this didn't make it into 06? Or perhaps that odd grimdark mentality just permeated everything Sonic at the time.... because Sonic 06 tried to be really serious as well.