don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (MD) Pre-Release?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mr. Verne, Feb 5, 2013.

1. I don't own this, I'm just noticing you what I read.
    [​IMG]

Coming Soon...
    LINK (You must have an account to view the topic)

Maybe he's serious, maybe not. If he is, then I can die happy.

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If this is real and he releases it......oh my god I thought it would never happen. My head will surely explode.

3. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I registered, but you need to be activated by an admin, I can't see it. Can you re-post the actual image here? wonder if it's just a review copy or a legit prototype? Either way, my interest is piqued. I will look forward to this next week greatly.

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Mirrored image of the cart:

[​IMG]

5. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

DAT type kerning.

That certainly isn't the default kerning for a modern word processing program. That's legit early 90's typework right there. Unless the guy knew enough to fake it for a hoax.

I'm calling legit.

EDIT:
    That coincides with what we know about the prototype with slow-down due to too many layers of parallax scrolling.

6. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Ohhh mother of god. This could be it.

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

We need to be equally as prepared for the chance it could just be an early review copy. He said "has differences" which is not the same as "it is different." It's possible he's not a Sonic fan and would not be able to tell the difference like us, but I think that there's just as much of a chance of it being a review copy, or a beta of some kind, between the prototype and final.

I'm just trying to keep my excitement in check, but I think I'm failing :specialed:

8. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Putting in my bid for skepticism and/or bit rot being the only thing different between this and a final copy.

Will wait until video surfaces, if it ever does, to confirm or deny my suspicion.

9. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Of course, but at this point, any proto news is good news. That sticker has been on that plastic for a long time, and I doubt anyone is going to fabricate aging on a sticker just for the sake of internet fame, however fleeting. But then again, I could be completely wrong.

10. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Right people, you know the drill; let's keep this topic in a clear and concise manner of what is happening and/or serious discussion, NOT just full of "will he/she release it", "this is fake", "this might be fake but might not" etc. posts. We're all excited, and we all know how this tune goes. Let's all stay calm and see how it plays out, this time. Also, please do not all rush, register and hound on the person there, as that could easily lead to the person not releasing a thing. Let them do it in their own time, and in their own way.

+ - If/when it's validated as real and something significant, then we can all go ape-shit over it.  

11. Sploit

Sploit

Hey, this was on eBay a few weeks back and I ignored it as it was described as being essentially the same as the retail release version bar the fact that the life counter started with something like forty lives...

...this to me seemed like something that could have been altered. Hence I did not feel inclined to purchase it (did not have a lot of spare funds and it did not seem important to me).

The seller on ebay claimed to own a computer game shop at the time the game came out and the cartridge was used to demonstrate the game in the store or something like that.

I am sure the original listing could be found somewhere, it wasn't all that long ago.

12. egel

egel

Cheeseland
    May start a small page about my MD collection.
    Funny how whenever something beta-related is revealed, it seems to happen all at once within a short period (eg. alpha hoax/real alpha screenshots...), my bet is on this being a review copy, looking very forward to seeing what it contains (and playing the ROM using my everdrive if possible!).

13. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Got a link to the auction?

14. egel

egel

Cheeseland
    May start a small page about my MD collection.
    I knew I heard about the "start off with 40 lives" part somewhere before...

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4661043939

Maybe they did the same thing to the 16-bit version?

Judging from the case and label of the cart however, this does not look like a pirate cart at all.

15. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    I agree, if this is from the same auction then it could be a pirate (the glitches and 40 lives stuff seems like a dead give away). But the casing for the cart looks strangely authentic. Are there any confirmed pirate carts that use the Sega Genesis cart casing?

16. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    This. Be cool.

17. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I only ask for one thing out of all this hoopla. a good clean rip of that Welcome sign that was seen in a screenshot of early GHZ... if we can get our hands on any ROM, legit or not, preview, pirate, beta... hoax... whatever that has this, I'll be perfectly happy.

18. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I have a few pirates who uses a Genesis type cart, but they all have a hole in one of the sides, pretty much like japanese ones do. That is not a pirate cart ( I don't know about the rom, but not the cart)

19. Dan Lioneye

Dan Lioneye

UK
    So for the benefit of those not registered at assemblergames forums, what's going to happen? Put up for auction? Dumped? Re-hoax like that fan game?

Exciting shit for sure, but once bitten and all that... means no boner this time. :argh:

20. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    I also have a feeling that this is just the pirate. And if that's the case, hasn't it already been dumped?