don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Hacking Contest 2010

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Ayla, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    That didn't stop me from submitting three hacks. :P

2. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    This sounds interesting. I hope there will be a download soon.

3. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to this, aswell as Sonic 1 and 2.
    I'm really anticipating the release of both. =P

4. Interrobang Pie

Interrobang Pie

Get a load of palm. Member
    England
    Something that must be kept a SUPER SECRET.
    My x in Sonic 1 hasn't been taken yet. >:D

Also, this year looks good. I say this year, I've only been here what, a week? Anyway, there's definitely some close calls. Were there this many x in Sonic y's in the contest before this one, cause there sure are a lot now. :S

5. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Being a total detail nazi, I wonder if Sonic 1 and 2 will have the same design of eggpod/monitor/animal capsule/HUD/sprites throughout like Sonic 3k. One thing that would be cool is Scrap Brain acting as a Launch Base of sorts, because we never saw the first launch of the Death Egg after all.

Anyway, I'm rambling. This is bound to be a fantastic experience!

6. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Indeed. I've got a feeling it'll be based on Sonic 2's engine (after seeing his work with Robotnik's Revenge).
    Sonic with Tails following in S1 would be awesome. =P

EDIT:
    This had better have some of these in:
    [​IMG]
    :colbert:

7. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    So how is the judging going?

8. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Isn't the judging normally over around about the middle/end of September?

9. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    I just checked, the 6th contest topic was made at January and the results topic was made at November the same year. 10 months difference. The same thing for the 7th contest, 10 months difference. So yea, the results might come at October later this year.

Ayla, could you PM the people who sent the hacks the results?

10. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    She's not done playing through them all yet. Be patient, its coming.

11. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Results will be posted in a new topic when they're done. Once the judging over and the trophies are allocated, then there'll be an announcement about when the podcast will be. Once the podcast is over, the results will be posted.

12. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    I'm absolutely itching to play Sonic 1 and 2, along with many other of these hacks. Can't say the same for Sonic 4 though, which says alot.

13. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    we'll probably look at the podcast and the hacks being completely judged somewhere near the end of the month. Update deadline I'm going to make September 16 00:00 MST. Two judges are completely done judging.. we're just waiting on me, Tweaker, and Marc at this point =P I have about half of them rated. This contest always takes awhile for us to judge, especially with the sheer volume of hacks in recent years :rolleyes: End of september, first week of october is when I anticipate we'll have the podcast and results posted :D Just figured I'd keep ya'll updated on our progress so you know it's not dead in the water ~.^

If you have any updates, you have a little over a week to get them in, so get those submitted if you have them!!

14. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    I'm assuming you got my second update Ayla, the one with the enemies in place.

15. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    I've got half rated as well... there's some that I can't decide on yet. I'd been hoping to speak to you as well regarding some of the trophies...

Oh and Eggy, I haven't received the update yet.

16. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    I've just sent in my update; hopefully you've obtained it.

17. Jdogg

Jdogg

My god this name sucks. Member
    Beyond the door
    Sonic - Code Gray
    Update also sent. Thanks for the additional time btw.

18. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    I sent my update in yesterday, I really thank you for them extra time. I wanted to submit, but I thought it was over :P

19. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Just a note that the Update Deadline is over. Hopefully in a few weeks the judging will be complete. When that is complete, stay tuned for information regarding the live results show where you can find out about the results before the thread is posted and more discussion over the trophies and the hacks.

20. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    OLDEST
    [​IMG]

OLD
    [​IMG]

NEW
    [​IMG]

I do wish I had resubmitted my hack again, however I feel it just isn't ready to my likings. True, it is ten times better and easier than the original, with fixed collision on the small animals and others and the ability of having multiple shields with a working counter.

Things still to do: (reasons I am not releasing yet)

1: Title screen.

[​IMG]
    Yeah. Going to most likely switch back to a bg background instead of black. Also it is misaligned and words are too small (mimicked the press start button text)

2: Bosses.

A major reason. I am stuck, mainly because my questions just aren't being answered yet. The current boss people just can't get, and take it out on me. (I.E. can't wait) The boss was just a leftover from the original Flicky Turncoat minihack. I already have an idea of what I want to do, I just can't do it yet until I learn the basics of bosses.

3: Ricky Illusion.

[​IMG]
    I want this zone done with the next release. Again, won't be truly finished until I learn bosses and complex objects.

4: An intro cutscene:

[​IMG]
    So far I have this to explain to people how the hack works. I tried to use the tutorial on how to add an act 4, but I messed up. I also tried to use the ending cutscene, but right now it looks like this. Have no idea how to fix it.

5: Music.

I want to change Ricky Illusion's music to something more like I had originally wanted.

---------

Maybe I just wanted to get this stuff off my chest, I don't know. With all the work I had done I just feel bad submitting my old build. Anyway, this thread has been empty for a while. That and the waiting has been killing me. Will the judges like it? This IS my first time in the hacking contest. Each time I think it will be the day the results come in the date just passes by. I know most likely the answer is "It will be done when it is done." But I guess I want to know for sure. Again, I don't want to push those involved with the judging especially if they have more important life stuff to do, like school or work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.