don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Cinossu, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgO5SY_UW-s

Guess what's back. Maybe. :v:

So long story short, this Winter was really shitty real life wise, and I wanted a thing to work on. So I was doing a thing to basically say "that's it, it's cancelled". But.. I've enjoyed doing this again since. So let's see where this goes, huh?

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Huh, very surreal seeing anything about this again.

Let's see where it goes. Oh and new title screen, best be updating that signature of yours :specialed:

3. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Cute. Hard to believe the last demo release was over 10 years ago.

4. Raivop

Raivop

Ze Lurker Member
    Oh man, seeing this just gave me a nostalgia boner; I was hyped about this back in 2007-2008(being one of the first hack what I have ever played) when I was lurking but then again, everything hacking related felt awesome to me back then.
    Anyway, it's nice to hear more about this, so props to you.

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Nice! SHC2017 seems like a good goal to meet, hopefully we get to see this hack make a small return.

6. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    You even recreated that ear grating GBA version of Green Hills theme, you madman.

I'm definitely in full support of seeing this brought back. I'd love to see a fresh, modern take on this classic hack.

7. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'm reminded of all those intros you made a while back. You even used some of my suggestions. Do you still have those?

8. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    You are literally the best at showing absolutely almost nothing, and getting the biggest hype over it. I envy you for this. QUIT PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!

9. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    Saw the thread's name, got excited, and immediately opened up the video in youtube. Well played...

Curious to see what comes out of this though. Extended Edition was a hack I was pretty hyped about back in the day.

10. InstantSonic

InstantSonic

Just add water! Oldbie
    I am fully extended upon seeing this thread.

11. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Baahahahaha this opens with Sonic Advance 3 because that game was probably still current when you last dropped anything on this

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I was thinking the same thing. Back in 2006 Sonic Advance 3 was still modern. Now it's closer to Classic Sonic than it is to now :specialed:

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Afuckinmazing.

14. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Although the first wip release only had GHZ, I loved it to death. And those palettes... -yes it has been said a million times before- gorgeous.
    I wanted to see this hack revived since ages. Even if you can just add one more finished zone for a next release, that would make me happy.

15. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Suprised you can get that music and graphics into Genesis.

16. Any chance of regular updates until the potential release? Or will be left in the dark until December?

17. Hold up! If you are entering the SHC, you can't also be a judge!!!

18. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Yes he can. He just can't judge/vote for his own hack for any trophy. He's still free to judge/vote on other hacks/mods.

19. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Between this and the actual quality control going into this year's contest... consider me ecstatic.

20. Can we possibly have SonMP3 and Retro Channel implementation?

After all, you were the one who did the SAGE 2010 version of Sonic 1, Cinossu.

Also, just wondering, how did you implement the GBA soundfont in the opening?