don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Could go many ways - everyone acts like there's no merit to any of this, but they at least got there being a TV show spinoff correct. Everything else just seems like them reporting ideas that are thrown around, including Jason Momoa for Shadow before Sonic 2 was even out.

2. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    We all know Jim's gonna pull a Fast and Furious on us and be alive in the next movie

3. AdmiralJuicy

AdmiralJuicy

There's simply no way they'd make a Sonic movie without Robotnik however, I could see them passing the torch on to Agent Stone. If the rumor is true, then Aubrey being his apathetic assistant/intern would make sense. Call back to her Scott Pilgrim role where she worked at a coffee shop lol

Last edited: May 27, 2023
  4. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    >clicks the link
    >giantfreakingrobot
    I am not exaggerating when I say GiantFreakingRobot is “it was revealed to me in a dream” tier reliability

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    maria robotnik "dies" at the start of the movie and then she turns out to be alive in the final act and is the big bad behind everything trust me my dad works at nintendoSEGA

6. Battons

Battons

Shining Force Fan Member
    That’s a shyamalan twist If I’ve ever heard one I’d watch it just for the absurdity.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Give the malicious role of Gerald and the Biolizard to Black Doom. Sonic and Shadow defeat him, Shadow doesn't die, his arc is finished, Carrey and Madjoub steal his spaceship to go have gay space adventures. Trilogy over.

8. Garth

Garth

I would love to hear some Crush 40 in any upcoming Sonic movies. That would be one of the things that would make an old fan "mark out" (as the wrestling world says).

9. Felik

Felik

Hey. Maybe Sonic Omens dev teams were onto something with the "bad girl" underwear :ruby:

10. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    I just saw an article stating that Robotnik would not be returning in the third movie, is this actually confirmed? The article stated that actress Aubrey Plaza may play the villain. I find it insane that they would create some new character for the villain. Honestly, Jim Carrey was one of the main features for the movie series, so to replace Robotnik with an arguably random person, and new villain, seems like a really-really bad idea. Given that Robotnik has been transforming toward the standard model across movie 1 and 2, I don't know why they wouldn't just replace Carrey with another male actor, and then apply heavy costume and make-up to once more inch closer toward the standard model (example, bald-cap, body suit, "fat" facial prosthetics, perhaps "cybernetic" enhancements such as black eyes/red pupils or circular glasses/goggles). IMO that seems like a no-brainer solution and more authentic.

Edit: Just wanted to add that having Robotnik actually look like Robotnik would be beneficial for the movie's success, and conversely having a random new villain would be a real loss. You know how when movies make continuous sequels they fall further and further from what people enjoyed and become more like a low-quality "direct to video" release? This feels like one of those moves.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  11. Lambda

Lambda

Aubrey Plaza could just be the voice actress for Rouge? Doesn't mean there's going to be a new female villian. Rouge is arguably a villian in SA2.

It'd be weird doing SA2 without Eggman... but you could probably do some variant of it with just Shadow, Rouge, old doomsday plans from Gerald, and Agent Stone.

They gotta kill Maria, though. It's not Shadow without dead Maria.

Maybe she was killed 50 years ago by General Olive Garden? /s

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  12. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Anyone else wonder if the scene in Sonic 2 where the cast is playing baseball is a reference to the stupid McDonald's Knuckles Baseball game
    [​IMG]

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Im going to say probably not.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    Right. It's a callback to the baseball scene from the first movie. Sonic is playing Baseball by himself, gets upset because he is alone in the world. At the end of 2, he has peers of his own. Friends. It all came full circle!

Clearly she is playing Wendy Witchcart.

Let us never speak of that again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  15. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Aubrey would kill it as Wendy.

Rouge would be interesting. Aubrey’s typical “character” (April Ludgate) doesn’t really match any of Rouge’s previous characterizations, but there’s nothing wrong with trying something new. She could also just play her like Janet Snakehole.

(would also be funny to have another Parks & Rec alum in the movies)

16. Wildcat

Wildcat

I don’t fully believe Jim Carrey is retiring in general. I’d be willing to give a recast a chance but Jim Carrey is absolutely perfect as Robotnik. If he’s taking a break from acting just make Agent Stone his replacement for one movie.

Robotnik can be missing doing something else or reactivating the Ark but Agent Stone knows where he is. He knew about Shadow. It’s certainly implied he knew.

17. Snowbound

Snowbound

I wouldn’t be surprised if Robotnik is in the third film but with a heavily reduced presence. Have the main baddies be Shadow, Stone and Rogue (as a double agent). Then in the 3rd act we get the humorous reveal of Jim Carrey as Eggman in a fat suit

18. I can see Sonic 4 happening with Robotnik / Eggman being the main villan again, and this time, as a "Full Eggman" in charge.

Probably would be the best way to end the movies. But eh, I'm not sure 100% sure to be honest.

19. kazz

kazz

16-bait Member
    Jim recorded all his scenes with his iPhone and he's just gonna be a floating head on a drone like in SHTH.

Really though if he's in the movie at all I think it'll mostly just be his voice telling Rouge what to do over codec or something. Her working for G.U.N with Eggman literally in her ear could be really fun actually and would make sense.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  20. AdmiralJuicy

AdmiralJuicy

A new logo for the Knuckles show has showed up on the Paramount+ press site.
    [​IMG]

Source

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • List