don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'm pretty sure the humans are there for comic relief, antagonism, or pep talks. I'm not worried about their level of involvement at all.

2. Flare

Flare

I actually think the humans will be involved less.

Seems like they are going to a wedding for most of it. Haha.

Tom will be there likely at the beginning and end but I think where in the first it was very Sonic and Tom centric that this is more Sonic and Tails versus Robotnik and Knuckles.

3. The humans being comic relief makes it less likely for that happening to Tails and/or Knuckles at least.

4. Flare

Flare

I genuinely wouldn’t worry.

Tom said like a couple lines in the trailer, the first film trailers basically he was throughout. The focus doesn’t seem to be on him.

They have to have them in it, for connection to the first. But I think they will be there for reaction shots.

Think along the lines of crowds in the Adventure games. Talking of which. We all see Gun

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    That's not necessarily true either. Sonic and Tails, at least, will probably have a lot of comic moments. Knuckles might be all business, or he might be funny by virtue of taking ridiculous situations seriously!

It's too early to say for sure but I do reckon non-eggman related humans will be around less. Bigger budget, you see.

6. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    I see people saying Shadow for the third movie, but I think Metal Sonic is a better fit. This version of Eggman wants Sonic's power; what better to power with it than Metal Sonic?

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Plus there are a lot of lore implications with Shadow, Metal Sonic is far easier as he's just a robot. But Shadow then you got the ARK, Gerald Robotnik, Maria (although GUN is in this movie)

8. You can use either Metal Sonic or Shadow tbh. They more or less serve the same role as a dark foil to Sonic for Robotnik to use.

They might go with Shadow due to younger fans being more familiar with him however.

9. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Something about that part of the trailer with Stone at the counter and then that shot of Robotnik at the door of the shop makes me think there's a Wes Anderson style camera swivel between the two shots. It's probably just the fact that they're both set up perfectly parallel against a wall.
    ws1.png ws2.png

10. Flare

Flare

I just think Shadow is more popular than Metal.
    Though I love them both in their own ways.

And Shadow if included down the line, may not just be a retelling of his SA2 ARK arc. The films so far have their own lore with nods to the games.

11. Shadow is absolutely more popular than Metal Sonic, which is more incentive for Paramount to use him lol.

That said, his story would be severely altered to fit in with the movie verse. Metal Sonic doesn't really have any baggage to change, so he he would be easier to incorporate but he wouldn't be as big of a draw outside of Sonic fans.

Given Robotnik has Sonic's quill tho, its the perfect plot point to set either of them up.

12. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    I'm afraid there's no easy way of introducing Shadow with his game counterpart backstory. Metal Sonic is simple, a robot engineering mastermind creates a Metallic doppelganger of the titular hero.

Shadow is a hybrid created by that mastermind grandparent, because Maria Robotnik, NIDS, Black Comet, Black Doom and other plot heavy stuff. Granted, we are in human world, so the backstory of Gerald could work, but it needs heavy rewriting to fit.

Tails and Knuckles are easy to incorporate. Most of the stuff from classic trilogy is.

13. I think Shadow could at least appears in a post-credit scene. Although, I have feeling they will use Amy first.

14. The classic games are pretty light on story, especially in comparison to the modern games so using Tails and Knuckles is a no Brainer.

I'll be blunt and say the extra details of Shadow's story aren't really needed...but then I guess he wouldn't be Shadow then.

Thing is, if you're gonna try to get all of Shadow's story, that itself would require an entire film.

I feel like they would have used Amy already. If they introduced her later, I feel like she'd be overshadowed by other stuff.

15. Well, maybe they will introduce her along with Metal Sonic and... the plot could be something similar to Sonic CD?

16. It could but CD is pretty small scaled compared to the Adventure games, and it would kind of suck to have Amy's big screen debut be as a damsel in distress.

17. Miles Wolf

Miles Wolf

From Spain with love... And rings. Member
    www.sonicreikai.com
    Somebody had to do it:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  18. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member

Imagine this family-friend kind of movie showing the military killing a innocent little girl.

19. The literal first scene of the first movie is Sonic's mother-figure getting an arrow in her chest.

20. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    They wouldn't have to murder her...just be mean.