don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I entered the sweepstakes because I have nothing left to lose

2. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

And yet when the muppet movies came out Xbox did nothing...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Microsoft working with Paramount for the Halo series is probably fueling this escapade.

4. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Got a little more Tails action in this trailer (I guess you can't embed "shorts"): https://www.youtube.com/shorts/SxAsWz0bplk

It also looks like some theaters are doing showings as early as the 6th (two days early for the US). I had to hunt a bit, but fortunately there's one in my city going that route.

• List
  5. corneliab

corneliab

Yeah, my city has a few of these early shows, and it works out really well for me since I'm going to be off on the the 6th but not the 8th. Barely anybody has bought tickets yet, but that will probably change pretty quickly the closer it gets to release.

6. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    We sure those controllers aren't a very early April Fools' joke? >.>

7. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Got showings over here on April 1st. Looking to get tickets for the premier day.

8. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Looks like people are starting to see the movie, which means reviews, *and spoilers*. Apparently there are already plot leaks floating around. So be wary.

And said reviews are quite good!

9. Snowbound

Snowbound

These reviews from fans at early screenings or from main stream outlets?
    Anyways it seems that the prequill comic has been bumped to next week: 3FB6BB66-FEA3-4166-B10E-E5C3D20A60BC.jpeg

• List
  10. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I've seen a poster for the movie on street today, and it says it premieres on April 1st (guess the day I'll try to watch it. :V) . Also, it's the 4 name only version of the poster, if someone's was wondering.

11. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member

Video for Sonic 2's tie-in song just dropped. I did work on it, along with two other pixel artists. Super cool to see it all together!

12. The fact there's a Sonic the Fighters reference in there... man what a great music video

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Congrats! That's awesome.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    The other two pixel artists were Mit and Presley Carvalho, by the way! We're not allowed to post the assets anywhere yet, but we'll be able to a few days after the movie's out.

15. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Man, that looks infinitely better than the cynical attempt at sprite work done for the credits of the first movie. Even the song itself is better imo. It’s brilliant to see this series continue to cherish its fans and grant them opportunities such as this.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

Not gonna lie, I am a little sad that THAT pose got shown in the music video. I worked so hard to get it in there, I know it would have gotten some surprised cheers. But at least people can see some of the awesome new pixel art for now. Another good example of how the people on these movies actually listen.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Considering they have a reference to the old mohawk style in the movie itself, and the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Hidden Palace spritework, I'm not vaguely surprised: this movie is a fanservice dream.

You did great, look forward to seeing the resource release.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Flare

Flare

I adore these pixel art credits. Wreck it Ralph I think was the first to introduce that concept and I love seeing it continue to other video game based films. And wow these sprites look amazing, love the pose of him against the moon. It's a perfect pose.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wow this pixel art is miles better than the attempts from the 1st movie. Congrats @Crappy Blue!

Ugh I'm jealous of all you that got to work on the franchise in various aspects. It's very well deserved for you all though, I just am miserable at my job and wish I had a job I could give a rats ass about.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Paramount released a snippet of the snowboarding scene earlier. The banter between them is fun and just makes me even more excited.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022