don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Yea, I've known that for a few weeks, I probably should have said something my b.

2. Fadaway

Fadaway

Nothing weird about it. But, from a design standpoint, it's a tired trope. Just my own opinion. I'm sure Shadow will be in the next movie. That's quite unavoidable. I am just expressing my thoughts on it. To me, there was a whole world of characters in the series that were a lot more interesting before they introduced Shadow and such.

3. RDNexus

RDNexus

Not sure if anyone said it already...
    If Shadow were to debut on Sonic3, even he might get a spin-off series as well xD

4. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    So, Knuckles The Echidna series on Paramount +. Ken Penders is going to get a heart attack :V

But seriously, I like that Knux is getting his own series. He deserves it - I hope we will get to know more about his past in this universe. I also hope that Ken stays healthy, and as far away as possible, I don't want another Sonic Chronicles situation.

5. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Bring on the schadenfreude from the salt mine that will be his Twitter, I say.

6. Wildcat

Wildcat

As for other Sega games getting turned into movies I had what I think is a great idea for Crazy Taxi. Since it’s set in the real world it could totally be part of this Sonic universe.

Crazy Taxi: Fare Game - Action/comedy

Rogue taxi drivers form an underground group who want to take back business they feel was taken from ride share services like Uber. They hack apps to “steal” their customers and pick them up before they can in upgraded/modified cabs.

These cab drivers break every traffic law but customers love them for getting them to their destinations in record time...only a certain someone is faster and he’s friends with a cop! (I added that last part)

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Really hope this doesn't leak into games.

8. Snowbound

Snowbound

Honestly I wouldn’t mind if Sega repurposed the assets of the Angel Island Zones from the movie for a video game... however I would want it to be a SIDE series.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  9. Sonic Team have never given a fuck about what other branches of the franchise have done unless they have a hand in it like with IDW or Sonic X. They've sat on SATAM and Archie for years and have been pretty adamant with ignoring them.

So yea, I think you can relax, I doubt any of this will ever influence the games.

10. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    We should also bear in mind that Sega is just a licensee and not actively involved in the projects at all beyond a peripheral level. If they actively had a hand in the creation of the movie or emerging film franchise then it would look a lot more like the games anyways.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. And yet, they went out of their way to include Movie Sonic stuff in recent game projects- such as Dash and Colors Ultimate :eng99:

• List
  12. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    I'd argue that's more a marketing thing. Sega is obviously going to attract interest to games via the movie with harmless cosmetics, but probably not other elements like Tom and rings that are able to warp you to different planets (given that whole nonsense was abolished not too long ago).

13. MH MD

MH MD

Dash also included Comic characters recently, don't think they will be relevant to games either.
    ....except for the fact that Ian is writing for Frontiers now....

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

A "leak" does not have to be real to get taken down. Just food for thought.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  15. Flare

Flare

And remember Lost World had Zelda content…

wouldn’t mean that a main line Sonic game would be majorly influenced by Zelda … wait

but really, tie ins and promotions happen to help aid both sides. Though if Sonic ever did ‘Odyssey’ style costumes I’d not argue with a Movie style Sonic. (Though I always find his models without fur tech to look weird)

16. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Well, I'm not against getting smarter Knuckles in games.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I bet that the movie will influence the games in minor ways, maybe somewhat in aesthetics, like the electricity effects, but I bet the games will remain their own things.

Honestly kinda wish Schwartz and Elba would replace Craig Smith and whoever plays Knuckles in the games the days. There's a change I wouldn't mind seeing influenced from the movies. Roger is overall fine but I always felt like he sounded too old for Sonic, and Knuckles voice direction since Shadow and X has been dumb tough guy and I'm over that.

18. Nothing shown so far implies Knuckles is any smarter in this film than he normally is.

Unless not smiling gives people the impression that you're smarter :V

19. Flare

Flare

I guess by 'smarter' it means not a joke. I don't think he's ever been "smart", I mean he is also being tricked by Eggman.

But I think he has turned into more of a comic relief character. Boom being a good example (though I do like the character in that show) but it's a great example of where he currently is.

Edit: I also am aware that Forces story made him the leader AND with that comes less jokes... Forces as a whole is less 'funny'. But I dunno, I don't know if anyone in that game's story can be taken seriously. The subject matter is more serious but the execution is stiff.

Edit, edit: [​IMG]
    THIS POSTER!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    MYSTIC RUINS MYSTIC RUINS MYSTIC RUINS

and one of the brick patterns in the background seems to be owl-like, like Longclaw, but also close to one of the brick patterns from Labyrinth zone.

related to an earlier post, I would like to mention that the "rings to other worlds" thing is just a very literal interpretation of the Special Stage rings from 1/2/CD/3&K...