don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I reckon the Tornado sequence may just be one big homage to Sky Chase and the Unleashed Tornado sections, likewise the snowboarding scene to Ice Cap.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I didn't notice it myself at first either, but it's undoubtedly there at 1:29.

Its a slower, powerful orchestral version.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  3. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    I am pretty happy to see this. Looks amazing. I get the feeling the humans will have a slightly lesser role this time, which I welcome. This Knuckles takes me back to 1994, which is also welcome.

The question you should ask is where did Sega get the number. It is in fact the speed of sound in mph (Mach 1).:eng101:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. AdventureEnjoyer

AdventureEnjoyer

"Release the Adventure 3 fans" Member
    Sonic riding down the snow, probably a reference to Ice Cap

There are a lot of more references in the trailer alone compared to the first movie, I'm loving it

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  6. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    So next movie will be Eggman releasing Chaos, building Metal Sonic and creating a dark Sonic clone named Shadow, and the movie title will be "Sonic: A new triple trouble", right?

After watching the trailer, I liked it but didn't get a very different feeling from it compared to when I watched the first movie. Of course I got the differences in plot and game references, but I think it will be quite consistent in tone, dialogues, etc. Too many egg-shaped designs while Robotnik got thin again, though. My main complaint, however, is Sonic doesn't act more mature after becoming a hero; it's hard to see him as his teen hero counterpart of the first games and there isn't the "origin movie" excuse this time to not do it that way at least a bit more.

On the subject of Knuckles, you're talking about Boom design, but it also reminded me of the Sonic 3 proto sprites, which were bulkier but still in classic proportions. Also, I'm not sure if Elba fits as his VA in English, but Elba's dubber in spanish, while great for the actor's looks, is totally unfitting for the furry, like hearing Mickey Mouse with the voice of Darth Vader, except this Knux is already Darth Vader compared to Mickey, so imagine its voice.

But a friend who recently watched the first movie and loved it without being too much into Sonic is hyper-hyped with the trailer and wants to go with me to watch it, so they did it totally right.

7. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    upload_2021-12-11_11-45-48.png upload_2021-12-11_11-46-22.png

These scene where he's running through a tunnel with fire reminds me of the tunnel in Lost World.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Honestly that dungeon area Sonic was in reminded me more of like Marble Zone due to the lava.

9. Flare

Flare

Yeah I assumed it was more a combination of zones but Marble Zone was my first go to with spikes and lava.

10. RDNexus

RDNexus

This second movie seems quite promising.

11. Miles Wolf

Miles Wolf

From Spain with love... And rings. Member
    www.sonicreikai.com
    They did the same with one of the trailers of the first movie, wich had a "remix" of Green Hill Zone.

12. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Could also be Lava Reef, with the Master Emerald being involved.

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If we're pointing out references...someone working on this movie is pretty OK.

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I knew that board design was from something, that's pretty cool.

15. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Woah! Nice catch!

I guess the music is Emerald Hill, I don't really hear it, I need to speed up the wideo or something.

So, Angel Island Zone in trailer for the third movie, right? :V

16. Flare

Flare

Wonder if they will name the plane after their flight into the massive tornado? Seems a bit too perfect having the Tornado in a tornado.

Edit: also watching the first film with directors commentary and I underestimated the love they have for Sonic and their appreciation of the fan base.

17. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
  18. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    That poster is crazy good. So good in fact, that it makes me mad they're not just using something closer to Sonic's movie design for Frontiers. It would have been the perfect time for a refresh, I've BEEN tired of not-so-modern Sonic and he looked so doofy and out of place with everything else in the Frontiers trailer.

19. Woah woah, let's not get crazy now.

20. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff