don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Special Stages

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mobiethian, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dooky

dooky

Heh, I'm glad to see this thread. Just as someone else stated, I always believed that you could only create rings by making squares or rectangles, and I'd assumed there must have been some specific pattern necessary for completing the intersecting squares.

This is very similar to the business with the barrel in Carnival Night Zone, now that I think about it (although less of a nightmare for players stuck there), in that some players will get stuck here, and others will breeze through. I think it's because the Sonic games, on the whole, are extremely intuitive - the controls are minimal and the rules are simple - and so when you throw in something halfway through the game that requires a new rule, many players will instinctively try to solve the problem by applying the rules they're familiar with, especially when it seems like they should work... for instance, jumping did have some effect on the Carnival Night Zone barrels, and the big cross of blue spheres was made of smaller squares that looked as if they could, perhaps, be collected in a chain.

What I'm really doing here is trying to justify how I was caught by both of these issues. Hmm. Still, it's nice to know I can finally get a Perfect on this stage now.

2. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    I get the same feeling dooky, so many different ways to play, especially S3K. I need to clarify my previous post, the only special ring that I ever found in HZ 2 is this one:

[​IMG]

Are there any others hidden somewhere in this act? If so, like I said I would have all emeralds collected by the boss.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  4. Spatula

Spatula

too cool for old school Member
    I don't blame you. The difficult part of that stage was not jumping too far at the end. As the level sped up, it became very easy to jump over 2 spheres accidentally.

Here's someone doing the stage correctly - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2YomUCo0A8
    edit - yeah I should probably warn you the video quality is beyond terrible

5. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
  6. SonarDragon

SonarDragon

Perfect? I can't even win most of those blasted Special Stages. =/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.