don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Why make the movie about Sonic at all if it's not meant to appeal to people who actually care about and get the character? You can appeal to casuals while still staying true to the series.

I liked the mid-air tricks and wouldn't have minded to see them back. That said, I didn't think Mania suffered from their absence.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  2. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Let Sonic Mania have a lot of babies. A compilation of level tropes alla Mario Maker bundled with a bunch of new ones, that'd be a dream. Mania content fits seamless into the classic roster, that's what makes it so heavily nostalgic.

Maybe we should have been more clear about which of the Sonics we wanted to see in a full-length movie?

3. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    My friend says he might be leaking some more totally real script pages soon... something about Sonic on a road trip and Robotnik making robots out of animals?

Absolutely

4. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Listen, I'd be the first one to defend Sonic Advance because I genuinely adore this game but this is neither the time nor the place.
    You're just making Overlord's job harder when he'll inevitably end up cleaning these last few posts.

5. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    [​IMG]
    No idea if this is fake or real. Seen in a Spanish-speaking Sonic-related Facebook group.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Not quite sure what I'm looking at here, Sonic's torso I guess? If real then maybe they made his stomach and arms the right color? Which is good sure but idk where's the rest of it.

7. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

Lyon, France
    Looks fake to me. Blurry picture aside (Where you can you even find things capable of taking pictures this bad nowadays?), the arm is not the same color as the torso, and is poorly connected to the body.

8. astroblema

astroblema

Chile
    It's a secret!
    Edit: this is a response to Dark Sonic.

Yeah it's supposed to be his torso. I called bullshit because the arms were blue in the drawing the director posted on Twitter announcing the new release date. But since I can't trace the source I'm posting it here.

9. sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Banned
    I was thinking the same.

Anyway, I’ll be the one to say it but I really don’t mind Jim Carry’s take on Dr. Robotnik, if anything he’s the only reason I’ll watch this.

10. Fake or intentional viral marketing, the game plan would be to “leak” these things out for weeks/months and not make it clear that all they’ve done is changed the textures and minor elements while keeping the same creepy Sonic 06esque realism and proportions which is the most cost/time effective thing they can do, when fans speak out against the final realize PR will push the unpleasable fans angle resulting in numerous articles in support of this that ignore Mania and Mania Adventures.

11. Powpuck

Powpuck

I'm sure it's poorly connected because it's his elbow pressed against his torso. Essentially he's affecting this pose:

[​IMG]

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    This thread is not about Sonic Mania or Sonic Advance, it is about the trashfire that is the Sonic movie.

To the guy who posted the Cyrillic post that I have also trashed - this is an English language forum. We are not against foreign forum members but we do expect all posts to be in English so everyone on the board can understand them. If you want to post in Russian there are other boards for that.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This movie is a lovely documentary about dumpster fires :V It should be very informative
    That's what I was thinking, that wasn't his shoulder but his elbow.

But I'm thinking it's fake if only because "vague poster + blurry capture" means it's a fake 99.9% of the time. The damn Smash Grinch leak has made me very suspicious.

14. Dumpster fire is right, this is the kind of movie that ends up in the Wal-Mart $5 bargain bin after a few months.

"Enjoy your future", he said. "It's gonna be great!", he said. :V

15. astroblema

astroblema

Chile
    It's a secret!
  16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If that's the case the redesign should be in good hands.

Man I love Tyson Hesse. The fact he went from fan artist to basically Sonic design brand ambassador never ceases to amaze me. Also if this is indeed one of his drawings I love it. Rarely do we see him draw not kinda Toei style but this looks just as good!

[​IMG]

17. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

Lyon, France
    Call me cynical, but I can't help but feel like they got him because everybody's saying good stuff about him online recently.
    "Hey everybody seem to be loving that Tyson guy, let's hire him for our live action movie that has nothing to do with comic books"

edit: Of course if the design ends up being awesome because of him I'll happily eat my words.

18. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    "In good hands" depends entirely on how much weight they give to his advice. Him being there won't help if they ignore what he says.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

They could make the perfect character design that's better than anything we've ever seen before or will see ever again. But the movie will still be absolute garbage so I don't really care who's involved and what design they end up with.

20. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Please mind the bump~

Can I just say that I adore how it's been nearing half a year since the first trailer was posted, and we have no new screenshots / footage of the Sonic movie, new design or otherwise? The way promotion for the film has all but dissipated since the near-universal repulsion to the design is frankly hilarious.

The obvious answer is that maybe they're waiting closer to release to show anything new (presumably with the redesign), but uh....they don't have much time left if that's the case lmao. There's only four months left before the film's February 2020 release date.

Curious if there's going to be another delay -or- Paramount's internal faith in the film has been flushed down the toilet by this point.