Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Plenty of people in this very thread were saying positive things about the trailer. There's mine:

Turns out it wasn't that bad as a Sonic movie either.

Some people were even more positive:

2. You forgot this:

3. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    He says it when coming to at the sister's house. So it's more of a comedic line than we saw in the trailer.

4. SystemsReady

SystemsReady

I Have No Idea What I'm Doing At Any Given Moment Member
    The Twin Cities
    trying to not fall asleep while writing Selenium tests
    Don't forget that some of the more endearing references were put in later also, like for instance his map being nothing but obscure classic references.

5. Wildcat

Wildcat

Pretty sure the map was always gonna be there. It was his guide.

6. CHAnga

CHAnga

OW OW *BING* OW OW *BING* OW OW Member
    Even though I stated earlier that this Sonic isn't my ideal version of the character (Another sticking point with me being that he's too attached to one particular place, to the point where he gets mad at Tom for wanting to leave Green Hills for a more exciting life elsewhere, something which I feel especially flies directly in the face of previous depictions), I just remembered that there are in fact elements I actually like about this iteration. Recent portrayals of Sonic in other media were often too laid-back for my tastes, whereas Movie Sonic is always full of energy, moving around and having fun with his super speed, which imo fits a speedster-type character better.

One of my favorite, if not my favorite, parts is in the beginning where he's messing with Tom. I would absolutely love to see that bit of mischievousness incorporated into his main game counterpart.