don't click here

Hack Sonic the Hedgehog 2: The Return of Dr. Eggman (previously Sonic 2+)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Alex Field, Jul 20, 2020.

If I Make a Sonic 3+, Should I Use Sonic 3 Final or Prototype/Sonic & Knuckles Collection Music?

Poll closed Dec 28, 2020.
  1. Sonic 3 Final

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Sonic 3 Prototype/Sonic & Kunckles Collection

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Both!

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  4. I Don't Care

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koutoni

Koutoni

I think you missed the 2nd half of my post - the factory essential would have set up anyone slaving away there for death. Hence the name “Genocide”.

I wasn’t arguing against the concept. That concept art basically proved it, the one with the two titles written on it.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020

2. Testing Rock World's background.

3. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Damn -- that actually looks pretty nice. The mountains could use a bit of work though.

4. Koutoni

Koutoni

I could easily imagine EHZ 2 Player music as the background music for that level, depending on how the terrain would look.

6. Greenknight9000

Greenknight9000

This looks fantastic, though I think that maybe Emerald Hill Act 2 should be set at evening/sunset, as when it turns to Chemical Plant, it's nighttime

7. Thing is, the stage order for the next release is going to be based off the one seen in the map concept art (meaning EHZ>OWZ>WZ>SSZ>MTZ etc...).

8. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    The Starry Night music threw me off a bit. That is a very nice night-time palette for Emerald Hill, and I like the background for Rock World a lot. This hack shows lots of promise, keep it up!

9. s2built001.png

12. s2built000.png
    On a scale from Atomic Sonic to Megamix 5.0a, how would you rate it.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Maybe find a way to mix up the sand texture, throw in some rocks or maybe ruins sunk in the sand or something to break up the foreground? Otherwise though things look great!

14. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo

Be a boss-man and come to my big and tall man shop Member
    I'm not a strong fan of the sand as it is just repeated tiles. Maybe try and spice it up a bit by adding a bit more detail to it such as gold as that is what you can find under the sand.

15. Finished the basic slopes for Ocean Wind.

16. unknown.png
    From joshyflip on Discord.

17. By the way, I've decided to remove the water ripple as it was causing way too much lag in water stages (mainly Aquatic Ruin).

18. Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  19. Ocean Wind Zone Act 1.png

For Ocean Wind Zone's level design, I've decided to take inspiration from Palmtree Panic (known for its ridiculous amount of intertwining paths, especially in Act 2).

20. I do not have ANY release date planned; the release will be 'when it's done'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.