don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Vertekins

Vertekins

Wants to know everything about Sonic Member
    Midlands, England, UK, over there in Europe.
    Translating Sonic info. Working on Concept Mobius. Also, trying to find extant footage of original Sonic CD special stage.
    A synopsis has leaked from this source.

I'll spoiler it to be on the safe side;

“After settling in Green Hills, Sonic is ready for more freedom, and Tom and Maddie agree to leave him home while they go on vacation. But, no sooner are they gone, when Dr. Robotnik comes back, this time with a new partner, Knuckles, in search for an emerald that has the power to both build and destroy civilizations. Sonic teams up with his own sidekick, Tails, and together they embark on a journey to find the emerald before it falls into the wrong hands.”

2. Sounds like they're keeping things pretty simple this time.

3. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Are they just modifying Sonic 3’s story? To me they’re just putting a different spin on that game’s narrative

4. XAndrew

XAndrew

I do like that direction though. Instead of Sonic meeting Tails first, both Tails and Knuckles are in it. With Tails being the side kick and Knuckles being the enemy right now

5. Honestly would have preferred a movie about Sonic & Tails growing together, but I can accept this direction if it's gonna be simple. I wonder if they're gonna elaborate on the Echidnas from the first scene of the movie and use that.

6. Linkabel

Linkabel

I was thinking that they'll keep the thing from Sonic X that time moves faster in Sonic's world so Knuckles remains the last of the echidnas.

Maybe the echidnas left stories about Sonic being a threat/something important and the "emerald" that would give Robotnik ammunition to trick Knuckles into fighting him.

7. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    This is what I think is going to happen, too. They'll say (or maybe even show in flashbacks) that Knuckles was raised with stories about how "the blue demon will destroy the world" or something, then he sees Sonic, makes the connection, and goes out to stop him.

Will be interesting to see how Sonic and Tails' friendship is done in this movie. Hopefully they leave enough room for them to bond and not rush it.

8. Wildcat

Wildcat

This is exactly what I was expecting. I wouldn’t call these spoilers just the plot.

I’m just wondering if the emerald is 1 of seven or if they’ve rewritten them a bit to fit in the movie and allow for Super Sonic.

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

That sounds like a pretty likeable summary. The first movie's strengths were all in it being a fairly lose adaptation that didn't try to incorporate too much of the lore and other elements from the games, all without diminishing the spirit of them. I hope that things are simple here.
    Whether the Emeralds have been condensed into a single item or if only one of seven of them is present in this movie I don't really mind. A McGuffin hunt film for seven objects doesn't sound particularly good, especially when so many other elements are being introduced here. I don't really want to see Super Sonic just yet. Happy to be proven wrong though, if he shows up and the movie doesn't feel bloated.

10. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    ughhh it sounds like the cute couple will be missing for most of it. seems like things will at least start in high gear though.

11. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I am perfectly ok with this as S3&K was really a redo of one of Sonic 2’s many plots that didn’t come to fruition. This separate universe and the way things are turning out are fine for me. I’m just dying to know if the Green Hill we know in Sonic’s world is retconned into Emerald Hill.

12. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    I wouldn't call this a spoiler. It's just leaked news about the movie. Also every post being in a spoiler tag negates the purpose of the spoiler tag.

This is obviously the master emerald not just a chaos emerald. Unless this is just movie 2 of 8.

Mod Edit: I don't disagree with you (this is nothing that wouldn't be in a first trailer or press release, imo), but since others are expressing the idea I hid that for their sakes. - MykonosFan

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2021
  13. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    And yet some of us are still avoiding them, so...keep using them.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2021
  14. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    It's funny he says they thought we wouldn't notice the Echidnas, when the second they popped in those windows I was like "They're Echidnas?!"

Not exactly new information on the front of the baseball scene but I really, really wanna see that scene, even though I know we'll probably never see it just because of the reaction to it.

also I felt attacked when you suggest that Gerald Robotnik's storyline is too extraneous because that's something I'd absolutely love to see explored at some point

15. Oh I want Gerald, too, I just am not gonna hold my breath for it. I thought there were a few interesting nuggets in there.

Robotnik is gonna have his full mustache for the sequel; Sonic's enthusiasm for meeting Tails to know he's not alone in the universe; seeing Longclaw again; how SEGA were the ones to dictate the two worlds thing; etc

16. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    • Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    I am ok with this

18. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I never even fantasized that I'd be able to type the sentence "Bloodsport from Suicide Squad is voicing Knuckles in a Sonic movie". Happy that I now can.

19. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    the goddamn tweet thumbnail got me thinking there was some huge-necked turtleneck-clad new character coming