don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Not bad. If Boom Knuckles looked like this, there would've been way fewer complaints.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Not sure if you're serious, but... In addition to what Jason said, Knuckles' appearance in the games and all other media would have been changed a long time ago if this was an issue. It may have started as the Nike swoosh, but even in S3 it's just a crescent moon shape on its side. Nothing Nike about it.

Knuckles looks cool here. Whilst we can't see fully how he looks, he looks pretty much the way I'd have expected based on Sonic and Tails; game design as a basis, smaller eyes, beefier, presumably furrier. It's his shoes, more clearly boots that stick out most to me. I've long thought that Knuckles' shoes should take on a more boot-like appearance. Sometimes they look the part, other times not so much. He's more of an explorer than a runner, so it really works for him.

Guess the next step is to see what he's actually like personality wise. I hope they do him justice.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  3. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    What no cowboy hat?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sorry bout that bit glad this kinda confirmed you're working on this movie too. Good work sir :thumbsup:

5. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    Shouldn't they have waited until the third movie to introduce Knuckles? :P

6. I honestly wouldn't wait another movie to him appear, so I'm glad he will be in the second movie already. That makes me wonder how the plot will plays tho'.

7. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    The movie should be called Sonic the Hedgehog 2 & Knuckles.

Please make it so.

8. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

By introducing Knuckles now, they open up the possibility of another movie down the line that retells the events from his perspective: Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2. :eng101:

9. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    It could just be the light reflection, but it kind of looks like Knuckles still has the chest swoosh thing, only much subtler.

Maybe they should just give him a metal collar like the Fleetway comics did.

[​IMG]

10. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Why take the chance? I’m glad they decided to include him now, this is a different story and we all know Sonic 2 & Knuckles is a thing.

11. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

I got clearance to announce my involvement a while ago but I'm keeping it downlow so that the movie gets to speak for itself first. As soon as I make a public tweet about it, it's going to tint the conversation so I'll probably wait until the first trailer drops before I even say anything really. But it's not really supposed to be a secret or anything.

12. Nope

Nope

The first movie seemed to go through a lot of changes during development, especially when they redesigned Sonic. It also felt pretty unfinished in some aspects so I wonder if a cut of the film with the original plot elements. Release the ugly Sonic cut.

13. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    It doesn't exist. Pretty much everything that was done on the original design was in that first trailer; the rest was unfinished.

14. Nope

Nope

I've seen quite a bit of unused footage with the original design, albeit unfinished. There can't be a fully completed ugly Sonic cut but there's gotta be an edit out there that has the original story structure in tact.

15. Nova

Nova

How does a design shift equate to a different story structure? I'm confused.

16. RDNexus

RDNexus

I think you wanted to see a finalized version of the movie with the original Sonic design.
    But as far as it's been told here and there, said version never got finalized.
    That original design got scrutinized, and with changes came crunch time to the producers.
    Hence some scenes had to be altered or outright removed to make the new release date.
    What one got on the movie's disc release may very well be all there's left of it.
    @Boxer Hockey, what can you say of this?

17. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    I remember reading something the other day about quite a bit of the original movie being cut for pacing purposes. Maybe not entire scenes, although I'm aware of stuff like the Longclaw scene that got completely axed.

I don't think they were conflating that with the re-design, just talking about the cut material, though they could be.

18. Nope

Nope

Longclaw was originally going to come to Earth with Sonic and eventually pass away, the first half of the movie was generally going to be a lot longer. I always felt like the movie was missing stuff so knowing about the deleted stuff, I have to wonder how different the film was. Apparently, the echidna characters were originally lizards too. I suspected it was either for pacing reasons because they didn't want the audience to get bored or that they just couldn't complete every scene with the new Sonic in time so they had to strip the film down to the bare essentials.

To me, the movie felt like it had a lot of missing parts that would eventually pay off with no setup so I always had a feeling they cut a lot of stuff.

19. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

I mean, plenty, but nothing that wouldn't get sniped, taken out of context, misquoted by YouTubers, and inevitably lose me my job...
    I'll just say like any movie, there are things being cut and changed up to the very last minute. And whatever may have been cut, even though its absence is felt, was undoubtedly for the better of the final movie.

20. RDNexus

RDNexus

Yeah, I kinda expected such an answer, for those very reasons.
    That explanation may be enough for the interested parties ^^"
    Don't worry about it, keep up the good work.
    @Nope, I guess this is the best you may ever get...