don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. SEGACast

SEGACast

Judging by the game's teaser trailer (can you really call it that though?), Sonic looks the same as he always has in the modern games. I guess you could say Sonic Boom aged the characters up a tiny bit, but I haven't done enough research to verify that.

2. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I guess if Sonic is 16/17 years old in Frontiers...then he's 16/17 years old? I don't see how this would really change anything meaningful in the slightest.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I sense it's time to lock the thread again.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • List
  4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Okay, there's about a 99% chance we're seeing more of this game at The Game Awards in less than 24 hours. So I'm going to pop this thread back open and, god willing, hope that things stay calm.

inb4 extended CG trailer + title drop + no gameplay

5. Myles_Zadok

Myles_Zadok

IDK Member
    If I were a betting man, I would bet that they won't show gameplay. But IMO, there's not much point to showing anything at all if there's no gameplay shown. Just let us focus on the movie trailer if the game isn't far enough in development to have gameplay worth showing. But hey, glad we're getting to see something.

6. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I'm expecting they show as much gameplay as they showed in the Forces gameplay reveal.

7. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Yeah, I expect them to show some gameplay. A simple reveal trailer without gameplay wouldn't cut it as they already released one when they unveiled the game over half a year ago.

8. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I expect maybe a bit more about what the game's about or its main feature. If they're smart it'll come before the movie trailer so that people can potentially take a more positive attitude afterwards, whatever gets shown.

9. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Is it confirmed that we are going to see Sonic Frontiers? It might be Origins.

10. Wildcat

Wildcat

I’m assuming Frontiers. Origins is already officially announced and it’s a compilation.

11. I will be pissed if it's just the same teaser from Sonic Central but with the name / logo reveal. I'm expecting some gameplay tho'.

Also, I think they will leave Sonic Origins for a second Sonic Central probably.

12. Wildcat

Wildcat

I think it’ll be more than a logo.

I’ll be happy with a cinematic trailer. It should give us a good idea of the open world and overall theme either way.

13. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Sonic Forces actually did exactly this. The same trailer as before, but with an added title reveal and then gameplay footage shown afterward.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    It's not Origins, at least. The guy running the show held an AMA on reddit today and was asked about this.

I am Geoff Keighley, Producer of The Game Awards, AMA! : IAmA (reddit.com)

Unless there's a surprise third game they also have up their sleeve, that means Frontiers.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  15. Linkabel

Linkabel

Well yeah, Sonic Classic Collection came out in 2010, why would they show a trailer for a DS game? :colbert:

16. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    if there's no gameplay footage whatsoever, or only like 3 seconds of gameplay, I will be very disappointed.

if Sonic Frontiers is truly a Sonic version of Breath of the Wild then let's hope they also took notes from the marketing for that game because these trailers were godlike honestly

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  17. Yeah, that is exactly why I made that comment lol. Hope we're at least getting a decent trailer. :ohdear:

18. CaseyAH_

CaseyAH_

human incarnation of Palmtree Panic 'P' Mix Member
    I don't even know what to expect anymore, man.

19. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    same and it's kinda exciting tbh! In less than 24 hours we will hopefully get to see how much SEGA/Sonic Team learned from Forces' failure and what their big plan is for Sonic's future

20. Honestly a coinflip of what we'll get

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List