don't click here

Sonic : Super Deformed (SSD)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Hitaxas, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not to ride on the coattails of Tweaker, but so far I'm not impressed either. You've done a nice sprite hack, you've added in some shield physics, and some questionable music choices. You've also implemented a new engine? Show a video of how great it is, instead of showing screenshot after screenshot.

2. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    You guys are right. Also, I'll add a video once the engine is stable enough.

3. Can you guys relax? It's a working progress. If you say this hack has this and that, well guess what? So do other games! Real sonic games! Do you see us saying you ripped off a real sonic game? No. So just piss off until you actually see something. As for the engine, it's buggy and we're working things out. I'm also tweaking his layouts/objects as well as adding new areas to improve it. It's way too buggy to be released to the public for a beta. The music is also a work in progress. Screenshots are as good as they're gonna get, maybe a few videos once we get act one complete, which we're pretty close to doing that, just a few collision and object bugs here and there. Honestly, don't say shit until you've seen the game in action.

Edit: Also the sprites are in work as well Jaysen is a fucking asshole who needs to die, because he just copied and pasted the head of the chibi sonic onto my sprites. So the Shadow will look like mine when we're done with him. Look, honestly just wait, we don't wanna rush things and then poop out some random shit.

Edit 2: And also, this isn't an s1 hack anymore, we're porting over to s2, editing s2's engine. We've ported the sound driver and working shit out. Sound effects etc all getting ported.

Like I said, it's a working progress.

4. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

That.

He is right on the nail here. Besides, this is all fun and games, right? No reason to get rude and offensive.

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I'm not relaxed?
    I think you mean "work in progress."
    ...what? Also, I saw something, and it wasn't that impressive.
    Fair enough. Doesn't mean you can't show a video preview or something. Do you think Megamix is anywhere near done? No—but I still have the ability to off whatever is done. If you don't, then I somehow doubt the hack is as impressive, or that you are as skilled as you play yourselves off to be.
    Okay.
    Okay... so then why are you showing off something that isn't anywhere near complete?
    I am here. I am on a forum. I am saying shit. Deal with it.
    That's what happens when you use a spritesheet that is freely available for anyone to use. Seriously, what the hell did you expect to happen? Rainbows and sunshine?

My suggestion is to now show off anything until it's in a presentable state. If it's not, then don't even talk about it, because your showing off won't be warranted. If you intend to present your work as quality and impressive, then take your time and keep things to yourself. Why do you think there's only an update on Megamix every few months? It's certainly not because nothing's ever getting done.

6. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

I was simply stating that the shields work. I did not intend for it to throw the topic... off topic. I'll take your suggestion, Tweaker. ;)

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    You couldn't have been doing that, because part of the post was you stating that they didn't even work entirely right. =P

8. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

And Shobiz provided a fix, which fixed all problems. (besides the lack of sound port). =P

9. Spritesheet? It's called my own sprites, I don't wanna use someone else's work unless I can do it myself. And why would we show something that isn't complete? I can say the same thing to you, you said Megamix wasn't complete and yet you're showing it. If we don't show screenshots, you'll go fuck you show us some screens. We're just saying wait a little longer, we want to do it right the first time, instead of going back and trying to fix something that we wouldn't be able to find. I guess I can finish off fixing act 1 and post a video so you guys can see what we've done. Unfortunately Shadow's sprites are bullshit (Thanks to jay using his gay cut and paste technique) They're not coloured right, they're see-through and they look horrid. So the video will be sonic alone. Some of Sonic's sprites aren't done, again due to jay's laziness and that's why I'm taking the spriting and tweaking on from here. Also, what was it you saw that wasn't impressive? Sorry for my shitty English, it's my third language so cut me some slack. I meant by complete meaning bug free, we don't make an area and make it bug free, we make all of it and then weed out the bugs, tweaking it if necessary. Thanks for the feedback, and please be patient!

Edit: I just had to read my post 3 times to kill the mistakes. :/

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I can't make out a word you just said. From what I did read though, you didn't read my post at all—so please do so! Thanks! :D

More specifically, the reason I'm able to show off Megamix is because I only show off what is in a presentable state. You, on the other hand, are showing off whatever. It doesn't make you look any better, and in fact it makes you seem inpatient as you were unable to polish everything up before announcing it.

In the future, I suggest you simply let Hitaxas represent the project, because all you're doing is making a fool of yourself.

11. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Some Freakishly Long Anime
    *takes out popcorn*

12. Skaarg

Skaarg

Tweaker, I'm surprised you of all people said this after you bitched about people wanting more previews of hacks in other threads. You yourself said that you are not expected to reveal content, you do it if you want to when you want to.

I'm not disagreeing and saying that the hack doesn't have much to show yet, but give the guy some time. How long has team megamix been working on that project? I remember how boring it was back for the first release. Good things will come in good time, just wait and give constructive criticism and things should get better in the long run.

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I was playing on the fact that they claimed the features to be in a presentable state, and that if they wish to portray it in a manner that's impressive, a video would suffice much moreso to accomplish that goal.

I don't show off anything that I don't think is ready to be shown off; when I do, though, I make sure that showing it off is justified.

14. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Alright, I know what you mean. This hack is not ready to be presented, I understand.

Also, Irixion, dude don't flip. These are smart logical and intellectual people, lets have a smart, logical and intellectual chat here, ok?

15. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    Alright guys, everyone just stop for one second.

Hitaxas. What tweaker and most of us are trying to say is that if you are going to introduce a hack, try to present more than pre-alpha shots of your hack that don't show off anything particularly unique. Of course, hacks like Megamix and such borrow many concepts from other games, but there's so much more that they do. Team Megamix has all the right to show off what is finished in it because there is a lot of great unique groundbreaking stuff in it.

Now, we're not here to say that your hack is bad, but are trying to say that what you have presented to us does not look to be very unique, and whil maybe sounding a tad harsh, I think you get the point now.

16. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

I know, and I agree, It was foolish of me to update so early. >.<

17. Yeah I just finished fixing the bugs that I knew of in act one. Thanks for clearing it up Bibin. I didn't mean to sound bitchy, we're just asking wait until we DO make it presentable. We're not saying 'no fuck you this is the way we're gonna show it'. We're working on it. ;)

18. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Wait, what?

19. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Well, um, Irixion kinda edited your sprites.

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Adding an outline doesn't suddenly make my work completely his.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.