don't click here

Sonic Speed Simulator, Officially Partnered Sonic Roblox Game

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Snowbound, Apr 13, 2022.

1. MootPoint

MootPoint

Clockwork Aquario's Strongest Soldier Member
    I will say that some of the people who worked on Sonic Speed Simulator came from similar backgrounds in creating Sonic fan games.

For example, a couple of them worked on a different (albeit, unofficial) Sonic Roblox game called "Sonic Onset Adventure".

upload_2022-5-9_23-9-15.png

upload_2022-5-9_23-9-36.png

It can just possibly be a homage. However, I think the inspiration is too apparent, lol. I can't see them including Hill Top zone if Sonic GT didn't exist.

But onto the level itself, I enjoyed it!

It's about time that we got a properly designed level after only having Green Hill and 3 open fields with assets placed haphazardly, lol.

I seriously hope they're looking into revamping those zones at some point because they're extremely poor compared to Green and Hilltop. It's clear that the majority of dev time was spent on making the mechanics work and Green Hill Zone, while everything else was thrown together at the last minute.

EDIT: Realized that the Fan Game aspect was mentioned much earlier in the thread's lifespan! Apologize if this was old news, then.

Last edited: May 10, 2022
  2. Violet CLM

Violet CLM

If you already have Emerald Hill, recoloring the walls blue is a pretty simple next step.

3. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
  5. inb4 next update wlll be Sky Sanctuary.

6. Snowbound

Snowbound

I honestly love this game so much. Right now I don’t really have the energy to play a super in depth game so this is perfect. Sonic has momentum physics! In 3D! It feels good to just run around and level up. Hill Top Zone is particularly interesting. It’s designed for Sonic’s higher levels where he’s faster than he was in the adventure games. It’s honestly made me reconsider the value of the boost and the spin dash coexisting. I think leveling up Sonic’s base speed would make a real sonic game too easy. But leveling up the boost so you are skillfully able to achieve the high level speeds of Simulator... that would be cool. Just have the boost only bounce you off enemies instead of killing them and I think the spin dash would still have a reason to exist.

Anyways I’m very much looking forward to chemical plant... even tho I’m worried that it’s twisty platforms will make me wish Sonic could drift in speed simulator.

7. shilz

shilz

It's apparently already in the game... You just need to win 25 races to get into it.

I haven't even done a single race.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    A friend of mine sat me down and had me play this recently. I had no idea it was official, but it was pretty fun.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It says wins but really I think you just have to participate. I don't think I've won 25 races but I unlocked it after 25 races.

10. shilz

shilz

I did all the work yesterday lol
    Didn't know how they could 1-up hill top in terms of experience grinding but I guess they did with Chemical Plant, and at that they even obsoleted the need to go through all the worlds to get back to the best world.

11. shilz

shilz

Having played this game every single week since it launched:

I take back everything I ever said that was even slightly positive. There's nothing good here. I envy everyone with the willpower or lack of time to stop playing this game and I curse those who made it just intriguing enough to get hooked.

They have somehow managed to take one of the coolest achievements in the Sonic fandom, recreating the Adventure controls almost perfectly, and perverted it and made it mean nothing to me. They have placed practices even more predatory than Sonic Forces Speed Battle (a true achievement) and I've been playing right into it this whole time.

This is the abyss. This may be the single grossest thing SEGA has officially ever allowed Sonic to be. An asset flipping heartless monstrosity that's gotten too big to stop now.

I can't believe I'm here. And I haven't even reached the bottom.

12. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    What's wrong with it? It's just a ROBLOX game, it couldn't be that bad, right?

13. Snowbound

Snowbound

The core game is very fun. There have also been a lot of fun new aspects, like the hoverboards and planes. Unfortunately there is a lot of pay to play going on. I’m still enjoying the game however I don’t play every week and I accept the fact that I’m not going to unlock everything. Not everyone is going to feel the same as me and that’s completely okay. I just hope that the speed simulator team is given an opportunity to work on more Sonic stuff in the future as this is the best Sonic has felt to control since Sonic Adventure. Imo speed simulator also has the best implementation of loops in 3D. if Iizuka really wants to make adventure 3 then I suggest that he bring on some of the speed simulator folks.

14. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    Yeah, mind if you could elaborate, @shilz ? I haven't played it since July, I think, but I never ended up hating it. What went down that it suddenly 180-ed your opinion?

(I was gonna post this response before Snowbound's, but oh well)

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya the game ended up far to grindy for my tastes, so I bailed. Cute idea but I don’t have the patience to play every day and get punished if I don’t.

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I have a fondness for the game but sometime around the middle of the year other time commitments and other games took away my attention for this one, and so there's a lot of content I know I've missed out on. It's fine but I don't know that I want to spend money on it.

17. Kyro

Kyro

Most of the more interesting weekly events have thankfully become permanent events, honestly most of the weekly cosmetic events are so l incredibly grindy that I dont think anyone who doesnt keep up is realistically missing all THAT much.

18. shilz

shilz

I'm simply playing the damn thing exactly the way they've designed it, without buying a single thing.
    The requirements to getting skins keep getting worse and worse. the Extreme Gear are ridiculously pointless, they cap your speed in return for a basically useless boost, but are in fact another dumb way to make a new requirement for getting skins.

I don't know if that would ever work out the way people would want it to. I think we'll have things in the future that'll be better resources for Sonic Team to personally take from to make a game if and when they choose to, instead of having someone else do it.

19. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    This... doesn't really answer the question. Why did you change your mind in the first place, and why so drastically?

20. shilz

shilz

As I said, playing it exactly as they've designed it. Once you don't have the "adventure controls" glasses, and have the absolute best Chao and Trails you can possibly have, there's nothing going for it. They still have the same 3 obbys exclusively for Green Hill they had at the very beginning, they cut Chemical Plant in half, and the so called "best events" are ran into the ground by the time you're finished with them. There's still no reason to visit any place other than Green Hill or Hill Top and there's no reason to visit the extra worlds they make just to unlock specific skins.

And then there's the wheels you can spin to get random items.

That you can use Robux to get extra spins on.

Nice.