don't click here

Sonic Shuffle PAL (Debug) GD-R dumped

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by biggestsonicfan, Feb 16, 2019.

1. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
  2. Woofmute

Woofmute

stuck in ram Member
    turning into a dreamcast
    that debug menu gives you access to the debug files i covered in the final version, as well as mini-event/minigame test modes and a sound test.
    there's a debug option on the pause menu in-game too, but only when you access the story or party modes through the debug menu. it's all in japanese however.

[​IMG]

you can access some debug features in-game by holding L+R and pressing D-Pad directions, or L+R and X for a pop up menu where you can set an 8 byte value and press A to confirm. I'm not certain what it does.

in terms of differences from final, this debug build has the debug menu accessable by booting and holding Y, and will always show the hz select screen regardless of playing in VGA mode. most games skip that in VGA.
    1ST_READ.BIN is bigger than the final PAL version, and there is one additional file, a pvm texture for a font (moji.pvm). Probably the default one used before localising to other european countries for PAL. final PAL only has the numbered variants of moji.pvm.

3. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    Where did you cover this? Link please?

4. Woofmute

Woofmute

stuck in ram Member
    turning into a dreamcast
    almost 6 years ago now, all the picture embeds are dead and the videos need to be redone. http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=31994

5. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I am the wiki man, I come from down the lane,

and I can play (what can you play?)

I play the upload form.