don't click here

Sonic Shuffle intro video differences

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    After reading over the sonic games at the x-cult I'm reminded that long ago when Sonic Shuffle was about to be released sega allowed people to download the intro (or it might have been IGN or someone) and there was a small but obvious intro difference to the final release.

In the downloadable intro video, when Sonic jumps down and slides and then runs down the building it was a blue and glass coated, square shaped building, but in the final release and all the youtube video's I can find it is yellow with pipe looking pillars running down the building. Sonic's animation is the same but the building itself changed for no idea I can think of.

I don't have time right now but maybe IGN still have DC video's uploaded? x-cult doesn't mention anything about the different intro but I know they changed that building for some reason. Anyone remember or know about this also?

2. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    I don't remember anything about that intro, but I do remember seeing at least one different character mugshot either in the manual and/or the in-game buyable screenshots. Makes you wonder how much the game changed during production, compared to other Sonic games.

3. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    It was probably changed because of the WTC's destruction. That wouldn't make it the only game of Sega's to be changed for this reason.

4. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Never thought of that, the WTC that is.

I use to be real excited that the game was going to be online until they removed it months before release, I guess dialup lag just doesn't cut it for minigames.

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher

6. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
  7. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    Not that it's of any real significance, but that video on IGN was originally from me...

I had just set up an old powermac 6500 with its video capture hardware and was recording different random crap. I kinda liked the shuffle intro and figured I'd record it for shits and giggles. I know the video is relatively non-descript to everyone else, but I remember it specifically because I realized after the fact that I had set the brightness too high so it appeared washed-out like that :P I also specifically waited until the title screen loaded so I could record the cards flying into view... I'm not making a big stink about it or anything, I just think it's kinda funny that it wound up on IGN somehow :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.