don't click here

Sonic Shorts: Volume 7

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Selbi, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/579879

The highly anticipated sequel to the series of comedic spoofs of famous Sonic games/clichés is finally here - Sonic Shorts: Volume 7. This episode was entire animated by the leader of Sonic Paradox, thewax70. And this also leads me to a very big problem: the lack of varity. While there are indeed many different subjects in this collection, it's just the different art styles I used to love so much in the older ones, that are missing here.

Honestly, it's a big disappointment for me. There are some funny shorts and the animation is well done. It's just not really a collaboration anymore with only one animatior and a few voice actors.

2. I can honestly say that while some of these shorts were funny, it was simply not enough.

He should have waited for the rest of the crew to finish their shorts. We don't mind waiting longer periods of time as long as we get a good product in the end.

This as you said feels half-baked and hastily thrown together to please the masses that have obviously voiced they have been waiting too long.

3. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    This is what we saw at SoS2011, watching it back, I can still hear the crowd laughing. Worth it for that alone. =P
    I loved some of the humour in this though, such as seeing Chris in the amusement parks, getting tortured pretty much, and the meal scene was priceless. =P

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Guys even TheWax said this wasn't really a real short just a mini-short if anything. all of his shorts were done and there was enough of them to label it as a shorts volume. Volume 8 will have all the other artists work that was supposed to be in volume 7.

5. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I demand that to be called volume 7.5 instead =P

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's just like all the other Sonic Shorts Volumes: mostly bad jokes with one or two good jokes. Only difference is that it's just one animator this time.

7. E102

E102

"γ" Member
    I don't know if it's the fact that this is all Wax, but I thought this was one of the best. While the others were, as previously implied, one or two good jokes and a lot of lesser ones, this seemed like the most solid set. There was no real low points whatsoever. Sure there's only one animation style, but Wax hit all the right buttons here.

I rather like this change of pace.

*For the record, my least favorite scene out of all of them was Swiss Roll. Easily the most awkward and the least to do with Sonic.*

8. Someone should make a Best Of cut that only has the actual funny clips from the Sonic Shorts so far. Sometimes there's some really great things, but it's almost not worth watching these most of the time.

9. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Problem being that "funny" is subjective, especially when it comes to Sonic Shorts, so you really can't make anybody happy - I don't think there's a single short that has been agreed to be funny in general. Not to mention there are a few people who think that none of the shorts has ever been funny, period.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Some, but not all. Remember the Sonic-in-a-hammock mindrape scene? =P

11. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    it wasn't really that good... :colbert:

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I got two chuckles and a smirk out of me.

13. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I liked the the earth blowing up and dinner time ones, but the others were meh. Incredibly overrated series but not very disappointed since I never have high expectations. <_<

14. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Haha, there wasn't a single one in that bunch I didn't like. That's a first for Sonic Shorts.

15. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    It wasn't laugh out loud entertaining, but I did enjoy it. The only standouts for me from this series as a whole are the chaos swissroll one, that's my all time favorite, followed by the one where Eggman tortures Sonic by dancing to Sonic Adventure music. Love the GET A LOAD OF THIS with pelvic thrusts and the badass robot rock band. Oh and my 3rd favorite is that one where knuckles and sonic are smoking out on some hill and freaking out. Actually that one is tied with the Knuckles chaos emeralds song.

16. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I thoroughly enjoyed this edition, one animator or not! Any additions to the series are welcomed by me, even though it's getting to the point where there are obviously going to be more and more jokes from the next gen games. I was still able to enjoy the Sonic Colors related bit. I wasn't expecting anymore of these, so it was a pleasant surprise!

17. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    My favorite of the bunch was Shadow pointing out just what exactly Eggman intends to do after successfully using the Eclipse Cannon on the planet, seeing as there's, well, no planet to build his empire on.

18. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    That was god awful. Just not funny, none of it!

19. Wait, Robotnik didn't want to destroy the planet in Sonic Adventure 2.... I'm pretty sure his plan was just to either wipe the United Federation off the face of the Earth and then build his empire on top of it, or forcefully take over. He seemed pretty concerned when the ARK was set to destroy everything if I remember right...

Pretty much ruins anything that overused joke had left in it.