Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=395558:date=Jan 13 2010, 05:36 PM:name=Cooljerk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cooljerk @ Jan 13 2010, 05:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=395558">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And truth be told, I always though Opa-Opa was a much better pre-sonic mascot. He appeared in way more games, and his games were lightyears better than Alex Kidds.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    But Opa-Opa was also in games for non-SEGA or arcade systems, like the NES.

2. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    <a href="http://www.tssznews.com/2010/01/14/sega-europe-issues-legal-threat-on-tssz-asr-coverage/" target="_blank">Sega Europe Issues Legal Threat on TSSZ ASR Coverage, aka, SEGA fucked up their own security ONCE AGAIN.</a>
    This is like, what, the 5th time something like this has happened? Does SEGA not know how to properly keep their information under lock and key? :psyduck:

3. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Misfit
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    I expect my inbox to be very full when I wake up tomorrow.

4. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Honestly, you have your bases covered. This is once again all SEGA's fault for having the most hamfisted security ever. They should own up to their own retarded mistakes instead of putting the blame on fans, when the information had easy access right from the get go anyway. If this marketing strategy was such a big deal to them, they would have looked after their shit with a lot more care.

Not to mention this is like the umpteenth time SEGA fucked up regarding the supposed secrecy of their own information, they have this horrible habit of just leaving everything out in the open for easy picking.

5. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    I hope that whatever Opa-Opa's stage is features the Fantasy Zone II DX remix of the Tears of Opa Opa theme song. That is the song I associate with fantasy zone, and it's a great song too.

Fun fact: Fantasy Zone II is the first game I ever remember asking for and explicitly picking out. I got it for my 6th birthday. I had got Space Harrier 3D the christmas before and the insert had an advertisement for it. I LOVED fantasy Zone, and I had to have the sequel.

Man I played the shit out of that game. I can't express how happy I am that mother fucking Opa-Opa is back. I love that little guy so much.

EDIT: And I hope his special attack is to call in space harrier. Or maybe Upa Upa. Or maybe his dad, lol.

6. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    People forget that NiGHTS can turn into vehicles for the kids in his game to ride.

For example:

[​IMG]

7. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    <!--quoteo(post=395748:date=Jan 14 2010, 02:22 PM:name=Arctides)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arctides @ Jan 14 2010, 02:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=395748">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->People forget that NiGHTS can turn into vehicles for the kids in his game to ride.

For example:

[​IMG]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Holy shit O.o Now THAT would have been epic.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    NiGHTS will appear as Lakitu's replacement.

...Probably. =P

9. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    <!--quoteo(post=395558:date=Jan 13 2010, 04:36 PM:name=Cooljerk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cooljerk @ Jan 13 2010, 04:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=395558">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Alex Kidd wasn't a monkey, he was a prince with big ears.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Now this is news to me. Oh well...

[​IMG]

10. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=395671:date=Jan 13 2010, 11:18 PM:name=OSM)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OSM @ Jan 13 2010, 11:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=395671">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><a href="http://www.tssznews.com/2010/01/14/sega-europe-issues-legal-threat-on-tssz-asr-coverage/" target="_blank">Sega Europe Issues Legal Threat on TSSZ ASR Coverage, aka, SEGA fucked up their own security ONCE AGAIN.</a>
    This is like, what, the 5th time something like this has happened? Does SEGA not know how to properly keep their information under lock and key? :psyduck:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hahahahahahaha that is so awesome! SEGA's whole marketing strategy with this game was to build hype by announcing the characters one by one over time, eventually leading up to the game's release, and now it's all gone in one fell swoop way before release!

11. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    <!--quoteo(post=396043:date=Jan 14 2010, 06:12 PM:name=Kurosan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kurosan @ Jan 14 2010, 06:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=396043">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=395671:date=Jan 13 2010, 11:18 PM:name=OSM)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OSM @ Jan 13 2010, 11:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=395671">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><a href="http://www.tssznews.com/2010/01/14/sega-europe-issues-legal-threat-on-tssz-asr-coverage/" target="_blank">Sega Europe Issues Legal Threat on TSSZ ASR Coverage, aka, SEGA fucked up their own security ONCE AGAIN.</a>
    This is like, what, the 5th time something like this has happened? Does SEGA not know how to properly keep their information under lock and key? :psyduck:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hahahahahahaha that is so awesome! SEGA's whole marketing strategy with this game was to build hype by announcing the characters one by one over time, eventually leading up to the game's release, and now it's all gone in one fell swoop way before release!
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, we all know who they COULD announce if they wanted to build more hype for the game. :ssh:

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Of course! The one character everyone would love to see get his comeuppance...

Chris Thorndyke!

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    <!--quoteo(post=396173:date=Jan 15 2010, 12:45 AM:name=GeneHF)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GeneHF @ Jan 15 2010, 12:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=396173">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Of course! The one character everyone would love to see get his comeuppance...

Chris Thorndyke!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sign me up. :specialed:

14. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    <!--quoteo(post=396043:date=Jan 14 2010, 07:12 PM:name=Kurosan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kurosan @ Jan 14 2010, 07:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=396043">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=395671:date=Jan 13 2010, 11:18 PM:name=OSM)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OSM @ Jan 13 2010, 11:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=395671">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><a href="http://www.tssznews.com/2010/01/14/sega-europe-issues-legal-threat-on-tssz-asr-coverage/" target="_blank">Sega Europe Issues Legal Threat on TSSZ ASR Coverage, aka, SEGA fucked up their own security ONCE AGAIN.</a>
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Unless their real strategy was to "leak" it on purpose to build up hype. People get more excited if they see something they're not supposed to see yet. I just can't seem to imagine SEGA being that stupid.

15. Søda the Junker

Søda the Junker

WE MAKE THE DREAMS COME TRUE Member
    *5 Project Multi-Tasking*
    <!--quoteo(post=313070:date=May 28 2009, 01:25 PM:name=Galaxia)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Galaxia @ May 28 2009, 01:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313070">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ehhhh. Would've preferred a Sonic R sequel, to be honest.

Or rather, Sonic R but with more than five tracks and without the horrible controls.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

YES.

But I'm actually pretty interested in this game. It looks like a very solid arcade racer, and the roster is quite impressive.

16. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I keep forgetting to mention this, the VF characters turn into their VF kids style because Virtua Fighter Kids was 20% faster than regular Virtua Fighter. <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/video-game-screwattack/51483" target="_blank">You can also see the car they appear to be driving in the VGV for this game.</a>

17. Søda the Junker

Søda the Junker

WE MAKE THE DREAMS COME TRUE Member
    *5 Project Multi-Tasking*
    <!--quoteo(post=396983:date=Jan 17 2010, 01:46 AM:name=Phos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phos @ Jan 17 2010, 01:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=396983">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I keep forgetting to mention this, the VF characters turn into their VF kids style because Virtua Fighter Kids was 20% faster than regular Virtua Fighter.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

safdsdf that's genius.

18. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Misfit
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    [​IMG]

It says you can buy more vehicles with SEGA Miles. That's kind of neat. Also, that picture with Alex Kidd and Sonic in the same picture brought a manly tear to my eye.

The two mascots of SEGA reunited once more. ;_;

19. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

O'Doyle Rules Member
    Alex Kidd looks a lot better in this game than he did in Superstars Tennis.
    [​IMG]

20. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    <!--quoteo(post=397816:date=Jan 19 2010, 01:00 PM:name=Sonic Warrior TJ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sonic Warrior TJ @ Jan 19 2010, 01:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=397816">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Alex Kidd looks a lot better in this game than he did in Superstars Tennis.
    [​IMG]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

THIS. I was horrified with how he looked in Tennis. But that Racing screenshot fills me with ease.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.