don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy

It's likely a mockup, but that's still pretty odd. Either way, it's good news.

2. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    GagaMan: I'm guessing that Akira is the move, given that all the other pics represent the moves rather than the characters.

Also, VF recognition? Fuck yeah. The fact that Jacky is my primary character makes it that little bit sweeter. If it is the VF Kids versions, that's a strange choice. I could understand if it was to fit in with an entirely cutesy cast, but given the appearances of Ryo and BD Joe, it's a little confusing. Not that I'm complaining. :D

3. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City

Oh, man. I wonder if Jacky's Car is the Virtua Racing Car? Double Cameo!

4. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

I should think his car would be the Daytona Hornet, seeing as Jacky's ending in VF Kids was of him driving the hornet:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5aL2X-TQXM 9 (see about 1 minute in)

Also, it wouldn't be the first time Jacky and Akira's KIDS forms have shown up in an od place: they were secert characters in Fighters megamix despite the games having the entire adult Virtua Fighter 2 cast.

(Jeffery's KIDS ending still cracks me up)

5. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City

That would be an awesome obscure reference, but they would need to cut the top off the Hornet.

6. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Yeah, they would probably make it a convertible Hornet.

Plus recently Sega re-released Daytona USA in arcades under the name 'Sega Racing Classic' and everything was intact bar the licensed name and the lyrics to Let's go away (now a rock instrumental).

7. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Does anyone knows which are the 24 tracks available in the game? (by making out the frames in the video) One seems like freakin' Crisis City.

8. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City

I actually wouldn't mind this, I can see an interesting level made out of Crisis City.

9. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    http://www.tssznews.com/2010/01/13/exclusi...-more-asr-info/

We got some code in, and that code has credible evidence to suggest that 2 of the final 3 characters will be some representation of the Bonanza Bros., and ChuChu Rocket.

If it is ChuChu Rocket, that would be the final Sonic Team IP to be revealed, and it would mean the Don't Forget NiGHTS people were right.

10. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I think Fantasy Zone is a pretty cool guy, eh shoots stuff and doesn't afraid of anything.

Fantasy Zone could mean either Space Harrier Guy or Opa Opa. I hope it's Opa Opa.

I can assure you this has nothing to do with Chu Chu Rocket.

11. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Oh come on! I'd have taken Ristar over Chu Chu Rocket any day >_>

Oh well, at least there's hope for DLC

Also, Sega leaks are always awesome <3

12. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    We have all three finals confirmed.

ChuChu Rocket!, Opa-Opa, and the Bonanza Bros.

We've also verified that Jacky and Akira will act as one character, in much the same vein as Zombio and Zombiko or whatever their names are.

Irrefutable evidence—all Blaze's research..

13. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Well, looks like I'll be using Shadow as a main again. I was holding out for Ristar but I guess he didn't make it.

Only reason I'm maining Shadow is cause I so love love love his Super State.

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    So wait, what was the NiGHTS dude's argument? That he would burn his stuff if NiGHTS was in or wasn't in?

Either way, I can't say I'm surprised. JoD pretty much murdered any chance the series had at becoming a viable entry for a number of reasons. It's a shame since I think the game hit its stride when it got to Bellbridge... but that's the last level in the game.

15. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    Needlemouse, Sonic Boom, Graphic Design
    The bet was, if NiGHTS was a playable character in ASR, after he claimed that he was not in the game, to show that he was serious, he would burn ALL of his NiGHTS merchandise if NiGHTS was playable.

I actually look forward to playing as Opa-Opa. I love fantasy zone. I'm sad that there is no Ristar, Vector-man, or NiGHTS though.

16. Lizam

Lizam

Lizam Member
    Australia
    Mario & Sonic: Worlds Clash
    Bawww, no Metal Sonic ;_;

17. I really hope characters like Vectorman, Ristar, or some Phantasy Star character show up as cameos or DLC. I'd also love to see Ecco in the game somehow, but I can't possibly imagine how that could work in any way.

I'm kind of saddened by the severe lack of Genesis-era non-Sonic characters in this game. You would think a game focused on Sega would want to emphasize more characters from what could be considered their most successful era.

18. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Still pissed at the inclusion of Banjo, but honestly, this game has shaped up to be an incredibly solid SEGA themed racer. I'm content with the cast, but putting in Vectorman and Segata Sanshiro wouldn't have hurt either.

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I wouldn't get too hung up over characters that aren't in the final roster, moreso due to the presence of DLC, which could mean anything, depending if Sumo Digital wants to make it as far as new tracks or characters, or down to just staff ghost data.

20. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Still greatly disappointed in the lack of Segata Sanshiro, for the record. Sumo Digital, please don't tease such things and then not follow through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.