don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

No doubt that it was visually styled like one. Seaside Hill stands out from Emerald Coast and Wave Ocean pretty well. That's not to say old levels aren't forgotten- I think SEGA thinks of classic Sonic as Green Hill Zone and more Green Hill Zone.

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Adapting Sonic Heroes' levels for a racing game strikes me as an excellent idea, really.

They were visually interesting, though not a huge joy to play.

3. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Yeah, if nothing else, Heroes' levels did have a nice atmosphere: levels saturated with color and filled with surreal elements. Probably one of the closest to the old games, in that regard.

4. Jayenkai

Jayenkai

I loved the Heroes style, too. Really reminded me more of Sonic 2 than the other 3D's have.
    But, damn, those bottomless pits!!

If my car spends more than 95% of the game flying off the track, I'm gonna be ticked!

(fists in the air, in a kirk/kahn style)
    RAAAIIINBOOWWW ROOOOOOAAAAAAD!!!

As for missions, I don't mind as long as they're "Just" missions.
    But this is Sega.
    To play X/Y/Z track in multiplayer, you're going to be forced to play 17 weeks worth of Missions before they're unlocked.
    I still haven't had a half decent game of 2-Player Sonic Adventure 2, yet!

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Since Curien's Mansion is in this game, there should be a mission where you have to drive over zombies! :specialed:

6. Xilla

Xilla

They could have killed two birds with one stone by putting Jacky in the car from Virtua Racing.

7. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Oh my god, that would be awesome. Call it "Team Model 1"

Hell, use their model 1 character models. Quads and all. That would fucking rule.

8. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I may not mind the missions, though I hope the load times for them aren't as bad as they were in the Riders games.

9. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Or even better: the Hornet from Daytona, which he actually drives in a cut scene in Virtua Fighter Kids. :)

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I know they said countless times for every 3D game post-SA2 that they were rebooting the series, but Sonic Heroes was the one with the most emphasis on it. It was Sonic's first original multiplatform title and they were introducing the series to owners of other consoles, so I don't see why they wouldn't use such locales, as I imagine several (younger) gamers with XBOXes and PS2s had their first Sonic experience with Heroes (then again, they probably played Mega Collection + shortly thereafter, so who knows?).

And missions sound fine to me. If the racing and tracks are well implemented/designed and fun, the missions can't be that much of an annoyance.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I liked Mario Kart DS's mission mode actually. Hopefully it's something like that, minus the rankings.

12. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    They could also trow in that Beginner track from Daytona:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Wp2Qh0Tv0
    Hell, they could even use the Daytona theme song to go with it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSyqcJ8k7n0

13. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    New article.
    http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=11123
    I thought the missions were mandatory, THAT'S what worried me. Faith restored.

14. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    53,597 of them?

No, if you're including Three Seven Speedway, you're including "King of Speed" with "ROOOOLIIIING STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART" and everything. "Let's Go Away" DOES NOT WORK there. (Well, despite the "cheat" that lets you use the music there anyway by holding in a view button when you choose the stage, BUT STILL.)

15. synchronizer

synchronizer

They ONLY have Sonic Heroes based levels... What?

16. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    What, they have to KEEP remaking Sonic 1-3&K levels? That's a dull idea.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    "Keep"? When have they ever remade another level besides GHZ and SBZ (SST)? I want to see a Death Egg Zone Sonic 3 remake. Or a Marble Garden Zone revamp. What about Carnival Night I might ask? They have completely ignored Sonic 3 and Knuckles as far as remakes go, in fact the first time they acknowledged it again was when they remixed Sky Sanctuary for M&S (In fact I think that was the first time they remade a Sonic 2 level in any form).

18. synchronizer

synchronizer

Exactly. It surprises me that only Sonic Heroes levels were used and not ones from Sonic 1, 2, CD, 3 and Knuckles, or the other 3d titles at least.

19. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I'm pretty sure Sega is convinced Heroes was a masterpiece that everyone fondly remembers. After all, they keep giving us fanservice for it. I mean, 3 pages of shots from it in Sonic Gems Collection (as opposed to 1 for each Adventure, IIRC), the Heroes theme being the first one played in Sonic's Dream Skating Event in Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics, Heroes stages up the wazoo in All-Stars Racing...

Although to be fair, Heroes' stages WERE visually interesting - one of the few things it did very, very right.

20. Let's see... there's 20 stages, and 20 characters. I'm guessing each one has a stage that's their "home" - so I wouldn't be surprised to see more Sonic stages, especially ones that aren't from Heroes.

Also, with 80 pieces of music and Final Fortress, there had better be the Egg Fleet track in there somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.