Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    <!--quoteo(post=358533:date=Oct 7 2009, 10:04 AM:name=Friend of Sonic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Friend of Sonic @ Oct 7 2009, 10:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358533">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=358419:date=Oct 6 2009, 06:46 PM:name=Shadow Hog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shadow Hog @ Oct 6 2009, 06:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358419">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->...I think you meant <a href="http://www.vgnetwork.it/images/Shenmue/Shenmue-Ryo.jpg" target="_blank">Ryo</a>.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I did. Dick. You should have found a larger picture of Ryu to show me. You're lucky there's an I seperating the U and the O on the keyboard or you'd be a gigantic jerk for tearing apart someone for a fat finger job.

You should feel ashamed, just disgraceful! :words:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->You're welcome. :)

And this news is quite awesome, if expected. For like a month now.

2. <!--quoteo(post=358559:date=Oct 7 2009, 08:40 AM:name=Shadow Hog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shadow Hog @ Oct 7 2009, 08:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358559">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And this news is quite awesome, if expected. For like a month now.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah, it especially sucks sitting on this information for the month. If this was Konami making a racer with the possibilty of, say, Sparkster making an appearance because of a hint puzzle being solved a head of time, there would not have been the panic of being let down. Sega dicks around its fans so much that it was hard to say Ry<span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">O<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--> was a definite until we saw the screenshots.

And here are the screenshots! =D

EDIT: Holy shit, speaking of Sparkster, they're making a new 2.5 3D XBLA game?! I don't care if it's old news, this day is just getting better and better.

3. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Misfit
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    <!--quoteo(post=358542:date=Oct 7 2009, 06:40 AM:name=test-object)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (test-object @ Oct 7 2009, 06:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358542">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=358541:date=Oct 7 2009, 04:38 PM:name=Jof)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jof @ Oct 7 2009, 04:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358541">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]
    [​IMG]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If you're very silent, you can actually hear Lobotomy squirt body fluids.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Welp. You aren't wrong.

DAMMIT, SEGA, LET ME GIVE YOU MY MONEY ALREADY.

4. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Ryo is old news now

NOW WE NEED SOMEONE FROM SKEIS OF ARCADIA AND VALKYRIA CHRONCILES!

New puzzle plz SEGA

5. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=358566:date=Oct 7 2009, 05:18 PM:name=trakker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (trakker @ Oct 7 2009, 05:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358566">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->NOW WE NEED SOMEONE FROM SKEIS OF ARCADIA AND VALKYRIA CHRONCILES!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Three words to add to that list: Streets of Rage. =P Let me race as Axel or Blaze (or ideally, both!) and I'll be sold. Bonus points for an SOR-themed stage with tons of neon lights and remixed Yuzo Koshiro music!

6. synchronizer

synchronizer

Was this posted already? <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtZutGlGWYY&feature=sub" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtZutGlGWYY&feature=sub</a>

7. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

My god, <3

8. <!--quoteo(post=358566:date=Oct 7 2009, 05:18 PM:name=trakker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (trakker @ Oct 7 2009, 05:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358566">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ryo is old news now

NOW WE NEED SOMEONE FROM <strike>SKEIS OF ARCADIA AND VALKYRIA CHRONCILES</strike> VIRTUAL-ON!<strike>
    </strike><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

9. <!--quoteo(post=358566:date=Oct 7 2009, 12:18 PM:name=trakker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (trakker @ Oct 7 2009, 12:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358566">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->NOW WE NEED CRAAAAAAAAZY TAXI!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes. Yes we do.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'll admit even though I've never played a Shenmue game in my life this puts a smile on my face. It's nice to see some character variety, and I'm liking this games roster a lot more than Superstar Tennis's.

Oh ya add Crazy Taxi, the Hornet, and Metal Sonic please. That'd be just wonderful

11. Graxer

Graxer

Now Ryo has been confirmed, the next character I really want announced is Axel from Crazy Taxi. Crazy Taxi is perfect for the racing format of ASR! Extra points for the inclusion of an arrow at the top of the screen pointing down the main route, and game saying "You're going the wrong way, follow the arrow" (In the voice that says it in Crazy Taxi) if you are driving the wrong way round the track while playing as Axel.

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    <!--quoteo(post=358593:date=Oct 7 2009, 02:48 PM:name=Graxer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Graxer @ Oct 7 2009, 02:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358593">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Now Ryo has been confirmed, the next character I really want announced is Axel from Crazy Taxi. Crazy Taxi is perfect for the racing format of ASR! Extra points for the inclusion of an arrow at the top of the screen pointing down the main route, and game saying "You're going the wrong way, follow the arrow" (In the voice that says it in Crazy Taxi) if you are driving the wrong way round the track while playing as Axel.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not to mention a passenger that protests against reckless driving! :v:

13. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    This shit made my fucking day man, God damn. I'm getting this game day 1 now, this game is like a SEGAtard's wet dream. It has the best cast ever.

Thank you so much SEGA/Sumo Digital, this is just awesome. It's just wonderful seeing SEGA do things we actually want for a change lately. :)

14. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie
    I'm so happy...

15. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well I gotta say I'm impressed. You guys are amazing.

Yo Wha'sup. Big Earl here, a.k.a. Greg Johnson - co-creator of the ToeJam and Earl games.

I just want to let you know that I hear you my alien brothers and sisters, and your voices make a difference. I can't promise anything but I'll give it another try and see if I can get the homies at Sega to talk again on the phone. No promises, but I'll see what their interest level is. Hopefully they can see what amazing devoted fans TJ&E has. Hurray for the FUNK! Well if I get any news I'll come back and post it here. And I'll keep trying to get some new TJ&E game off the ground. No publisher has agreed to foot the bill yet, but never say never. The funky duo shall yet return.

Thanks for keeping the faith after so many years. Who says you can't make a difference.

Big Earl out...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5290608&postcount=50" target="_blank">Link</a>

16. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Fuck, this game is like a reunion party of SEGA's best. I'm so happy, hearing TJ&E might have a chance makes me even happier. ;~;

17. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Can this week be any better?

18. Machenstein

Machenstein

<!--quoteo(post=358682:date=Oct 7 2009, 05:32 PM:name=STHX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (STHX @ Oct 7 2009, 05:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358682">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can this week be any better?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    After this and the revelation of the new Rocket Knight game, I've been asking myself the same thing. Next thing we'll know, media on Project Needlemouse will surface and the game might actually not look like ass.

19. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    I really wouldn't expect anything on that until E3, I just don't see any information on it surfacing until then. I'm pretty sure they won't try any "leaks" with it either, it seems like too much a of a big deal to pull the same song and dance for it.

20. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Video Basement
    Holy shit. Ryo.

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">RYO?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--> :eng101:

I thought it was Groundhog's Day today when I just found this out. I actually now have a legitmate reason to buy a Sega-published game this time. =O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.