don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    :|

That would have been appreciated! XD

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    There is other stuff. =P I'll go through it all later tonight, k?

3. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Getting rather tired of entering a race on live, playing once and having the host quit afterwards because he lost or had to go, closing the entire lobby.

Would be nice if there was some sort of random host migration when that happens.

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Yeah, the multiplayer for this suffers from all the same problems Outrun Online Arcade did. Sumo Digital never learn.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    While that has been a problem sometimes overall things have worked out pretty well. I wish there was some sort of online ranking system though

6. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    That'd be cool, but it'd all be based on luck and who breaks out of the pack first is Catch-up is off. Very rarely have I ever caught up with someone who broke away from the pack first because items don't often reach them and you're dealing with all crap everyone else behind you is throwing.

Although, I'd bet I'd rank high regardless, but that's just my ego talking. I just #1 ranked on Ocean Ruin and I absolutely botched the ending and beginning of that run, so I expect to be overtaken very soon in that regard. Even so, causing some rather good racers to DNF on stages like Monkey Target and Sandy Drifts has gotta say something.

But yeah, I'd be interested in some NO ITEMS, SONIC ONLY, WHALE LAGOON. But no, I want to go on some item-less races to see what happens when the racers are just that - racers. I mean, I've fallen in love with just running the courses in Time Trial, but I miss the announcer. I just like that guy. Especially when my and my buddies were exploiting the 'Pick the Same Character' glitch and having the Announcer shout things about Sonic that he was and wasn't doing. Haa..... such fun. Too bad you can't do that offline.

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    How can you do this 'pick the same character' glitch?

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Apparently both (or all) players just need to press the confirm button at exactly the same time.

9. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Alright, let's start with some audio: all the Characters' speeches.

I will upload the English commentary next (3041 wav files).

Oh and another random information... There aren't just waves in audio.xpac, there are also some xml files. Dunno how interesting they can be, but I will upload them as well eventually.

edit: also, the files from 18702 onwards aren't in WMA format, they are in xWMA. Though I've yet to find a player that can play them :\
    edit2: found. I'll be converting them soon because they ARE the songs :D

10. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    damn, I wanted to play this game ... but because of the disaster which occurred in my country I will have to wait several days (even weeks) to play again... and it's looks really good ...

11. nineko

nineko

italy
    Here is the English commentary:
    Part 1
    Part 2

I assume that by now all of you know how to use a multi-part RAR file: just put both of them in the same folder, and open the .rar one, it will automatically detect the second part.

My next post will contain a link to the RAR with all the songs and the background stuff such as applause, birds, and so on, including a 6:50 version of Palmtree Panic which loops in a rather interesting way.

edit: repost for new page:
    Characters' Speeches

12. So I have the ISO for the Wii version, and I see that they still have sounds for Banjo... Lulz :eng101:

13. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Oh shit, what happened in your country? Is everybody okay?

Also, referring to hackers, isn't it kind of sad that assholes in living rooms, bedrooms, and dinettes the world over get off on just beating some kids online at a family racing game?

0 points awarded if you didn't get the above reference.

Now, I've got good enough to where I can drift through most of the tracks with ease (yes, even Monkey Target), but I can hardly call that cheating, as someone pointed out earlier. Playing like this also makes playing online kind of dull unless I'm in the right room with the right people, which does indeed happen from time to time. I usually leave lobbies to find another after winning a race (if I felt it was too easy), because I don't want to keep others from enjoying the online experience. I'm sorry if I sound way past cocky or anything, it's just how my experience with the game has been so far.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

He lives in Chile.

I've just put in SST to play now, and wow did Sumo ever pick up their act for ASR. SST is a very dry attempt at a mascot tennis game. Visually it was treat, but the game didn't really excel anywhere else. ASR on the other hand is prettier and tried to so so much more- succeeding in almost every way. Fair enough, there's less you can do to tennis than you can kart racing, but there's a real difference in the actual feel of the games.

15. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Oh.

Well fuck me for not paying attention XD I kinda read it and hit 'Quote' immediately. I'm sorry you've gotta deal with that shit man, I hope it didn't affect you or your family and friends too bad. Radio people have been saying that other fault lines and what not are also due for a similar fate...

16. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Ah, man, after trying so hard I only managed to get 20th place on Rokkaku Hill. :<

Ah well. 20th it better than 21st, and so on and so forth...

Also, is it just me, or is it really easy to get on the top 200 or so on the Leaderboards?

17. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Nah, if you know how to drift well enough it's pretty easy to place in the top 140 or so, even on your first lap.

18. nineko

nineko

italy
    On a brighter note, HERE you are all the songs :)
    Please note that I uploaded the ones still in xWMA format to keep the download as small as possible, as they take 3.36GB once decompressed to WAV; however, I included the xWMA to WAV converter in the RAR file for your conveniency (given that you're running Windows of course). It's a command-line converter; to perform a batch conversion, just extract all the songs AND the converter in the same folder, then go there via a command prompt, and type this:
    Code (Text):
    1. for %d in (*.xwma) do xWMAEncode.exe %d %d.wav

19. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    :offtopic:
    all my money I had to spend on food and gasoline ... also several shops have been looted and I will take a lot of time to get everything back to normal ...

:ontopic:
    for while I'm trying the DS version and is pretty good ... but I want the x360 versión... (my gamertag is NioZero )

20. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Hah, awhile ago I was looking for Banjo and Kazooie's voice assets from Banjo-Tooie for a personal project to no avail...and pretty much everything I would've wanted is in that .rar file. Seems like Rare really did give them a lot. There's even things that seem like new recordings, like Kazooie's pre-race unintelligible mumbling.

Thanks very much for the character speech rips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.