don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    reviews and common sense say that Black Knight was balls. I dare not try Sonic with a sword.

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Stopped reading there. I would immediately just call out "troll post" but it seems you're actually serious!

So I'm just going to sit here laughing my ass off.

3. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    You're acting like SA2 was some gold standard...

SA2 was shit, nearly as bad as Sonic '06. Only things it had going for it were Pyramid Cave and Crazy Gadget, and two levels don't make a game worth playing.

Fuck, I'd rather play Heroes; at least there's no bad third-person shooter levels or annoying treasure hunts.

The only decent 3D Sonic games are Adventure 1 and Unleashed. SA2/Heroes/Shadow/SatSR/'06/SatBK all suck ass.

4. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Upload a video of yourself playing through Black Knight from beginning to end, as best as you can, and see how many people think it looks good then.

5. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    Guys, I have a wonderful idea. How about we break the mold and not turn this in to a "Boo modern 3D sonic sucks" thread!

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ok I'll start with a question. How exactly do you use Amigo's All Star move? I'm trying to get the fighting Megamix achievement and I've managed to use every character's all star move effectively, but Amigo's is strange. There is no button prompt and he kinda just boosts, but he can't hurt anyone. Shouldn't he be able to hurt you? Those maracas around people's heads must surely mean something.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It just means if they're tagged, they get behind him like a conga line. I'm not really sure how it damages, though that may just be the point of it.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I've never actually noticed anyone get behind me though. I kinda just bump into them and they do nothing.

9. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Fuck yeah, I just got my gold license :)
    I must say, this game really is awesome.

[​IMG]
    (thumbnail'd for those poor souls who use 56k :v: )

10. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Do Shadow's again. Don't hit anyone with your Chaos Spear and instead hit them with your body like Sonic does. Don't ask me why, but this is probably the one you're missing.

Edit: Oh yeah, and uh, I'm ranked #1 in Treetops again. And I'm rank 7 in some places. Shame I have to return the game tomorrow - er, today.

11. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Pass in front of them, and they fall in behind you. They suffer a hit at the end of the dance. The maracas pop up whether or not Amigo's All Star is having any effect on a given character.

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's more like a warning that Amigo is up to something and to watch your ass.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

And you can't be a lap behind or else the attack won't work.

14. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Odd stipulation, but I keep hearing it all over the place. Either way, just hang back a ways in 8th and it should come to you regardless.

Bit of a warning, this is all about leaderboards and a little bit of analyzable tidbits thrown in.

As for my loleaderboard score, I'm ranked in the top ten in a lot of courses(360), and one lap where I pretty much BS'd through I not only ranked in 6th place, but I'm the only Sonic for a gorram while. I guess I'm just good with the hedgehog, it seems.

As for the Leaderboard itself, it seems dominated by Sonic and Shadow, ergo, car and motorbike. I'm not sure how long that'll last, because some courses like to favor the Bonanza Brothers. These courses, I guess, have their fair share of sharp turns and long straightaways where their middle of the road stats come in handy, and I guess they have a quick-to-boost time, or something. I just... kinda dislike them. And of course, the floaters tend to dominate courses with some sort of traction obstacle, such as Sewer Scrapes. Actually, that's the only one where it's an issue, so... you'll find them there.

Also, some guy is just tearing up some leaderboards with Banjo. Also, Thunder Deck is interesting because Tails is the leader, and it has basically a more varied character selection overall.

And to those of you who don't care about leaderboards, I didn't... until I ranked 7th accidentally on Treetops.. Oh, what a slippery slope it's been. Still #1 there.

TL;DR, Sonic and Shadow dominate Leaderboards, Super's a whore for leaderboards now. :v:

EDIT Forgot to put this here.

[​IMG]
    Me 'n two friends were dicking around late at night when the other two magically decided to choose Big. At Same. Exact. Time. This lead to further shenanigans and we ended up making that picture. Shot on a Cell Phone, expect this little exploit to go away in the next patch, as the guy who took the pic(named CyberLink), posted it on the SEGA Forums for lulz and S0L mentioned they tried to get the timing down as strict as possible.

Not strict enough, apparently.

EDIT THE SECOND, SON OF EDIT: One lol-worthy moment was when I crashed headlong into a wall, and the announcer yelled "And Sonic's all over the place!"

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Leaderboards are fun when they're well-maintained and people aren't cheating to put ridiculous to impossible times on there. The Wii version was recently hacked to the point people have high-speed hacks on, making racing online hugely unfair because of this.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this happening on the 360 with some modders out there, but I imagine they'll be sniped off Xbox Live pretty quickly. I don't see this happening with the PS3 because of how practically impenetrable its been, a crack in the hull aside.

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

What is said about being a lap behind and using Amigos ASM is true- S0L explained it at SSMB.

17. Lizam

Lizam

Lizam Member
    Australia
    Mario & Sonic: Worlds Clash
    Got this game today on 360 as it just came out here in Australia. Loving it so far ^^

Though I haven't seen an All Star move in online yet. Has it been confirmed that they're not in online?

Gamertag is Lizam and I'll be playing it for the next few hours, offline and online, so add me if your up for a race!

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    LAWL

Believe it or not, there's a lot of casual gamers that know the Puzzle and Action series from the arcades. Those used to be some of the most popular arcades over here at least, along with Tetris, Super Pang, Puzzle Bobble and maybe Tumblepop.

19. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    FUCK YEAR! I finally got AAA on Mission 42.

Later, (like when I wake up because it's 5AM here) does anyone want to play online (PSN)? There's some trophies that I'd like to get.

PM me if anyone's interested.

20. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Yep. S0L confirmed it due to Synchronization issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.