don't click here

Sonic Screensaver pic coincidence...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sakura Courage Solo, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    I was recently surfing the net looking for images from the Sonic Screensaver to use as desktop backgrounds (Since I saw them in Gems Collection and figured some of them could make festive desktops for the holidays), and I noticed this Haloween pic with Sonic dressed as Dracula looks a heck lot like Pumpkin Hill from Sonic Adventure 2.

http://selan.jbcomptech.com:81/tbn/sonic/d...les/Sonic19.jpg

Possible that maybe the idea for Pumpkin Hill came from this picture, or maybe there were some very early concepts of it and they thought it might be fun to stick it in a screensaver? It just has too much resemblance for me to ignore. *shrugs* Discuss, people.

2. gogo444

gogo444

Pending Member
    where the sun doesn't shine
    learning C, visual basic and assembler
    I doubt about it, I think they only wanted a spooky level and they thought about pumkin hill.
    the pic also doesn't feel much of pumpkin hill. its hard to see any old school referness in games after sa1.
    but, who knows?

3. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    Yeah, well it just looked so much like it to me. I mean, the dark church back there, the pumpkins, the mangled-like fence in the background... *shrugs*

4. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    It's just an example of a level clich? I think, nice try though :)

that's the sort of thing I'm talking about :P

5. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Ignoring the horrible formation of that sentence...

SA3's GHZ remix?

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Or the GHZ extra level in SA2.
    Or Robotnik's old outfit in the upcoming Sonic Rush.

7. Neo Majin

Neo Majin

New England / Virginia
    Very little thanks to poor computer access
    Plus "Neo Green Hill Zone" made an appearance in Sonic Advance...

8. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    And "Sonic Mega Collection", "Sonic Gems Collection", etc. :P

9. Also the SADX cutscene which referenced Sonic CD, including old-style Amy (and possibly old-style Sonic as well, I'm not sure). And in Sonic Battle, you can unlock a Green Hill Zone arena, including remixed GHZ music.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Are you sure of that?

11. gogo444

gogo444

Pending Member
    where the sun doesn't shine
    learning C, visual basic and assembler
    okay, so I was wrong, sue me!

12. What about Eggman's machine in Knuckles' and Rouge's opening cutscene in SA2:B? It's the one that carried the Master Emerald.

13. Vangar

Vangar

Sorta off topic, but anyone know where to download the Sonic Screensaver? I've been looking for it for a while....

14. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    This gives me an idea for stuff to put on rsn, bleh anyways the link doesn't work and I like my RobotChicken desktop bg :P

15. I'll admit that I could be wrong, but I wouldn't have said that if I wasn't very sure of it. Haven't seen that cutscene in a while... I can't check it right now, though - anyone else have SADX? It's the one right at the beginning of Amy's storyline, lest I be overmuch mistaken.

16. It came in the S3&K Collection for PC. I just looked on the CD and it said that it was 282 MB, but without the art or music it's probably like 15MB. Believe me, you wouldn't want to spend an hour or 30 downloading a piece of crap like this. There are alternatives at Sonic Central.

17. I don't know about that - as far as screensavers go, it's pretty cool (if you're a Sonic fan, anyway).

18. Vangar

Vangar

Its for my collection. But my copy of Sonic Collection (Sonic and Garfield pack) didn't come with it.

19. It would have been MUCH better if the SFX & Music were better quality. I probably don't have much of an argument though...

Oh, If you want it for a collection, I would host it, but I don't have webspace and DSL\Broadband. It came with Sonic 3 & Knuckles Collection on the CD in D:\SONICSS\ if D: is your CD drive letter. Click on Setup and Install in C:\SEGA\SONICSS\ or something like that. I'm not sure if Sonic & Garfield Pack came with S3&K Collection or not.

20. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Yea, Sonic 3k collection bonus. For me it was the one in the pack with Sonic R PC and Sonic CD PC.

The music and SFX ARE really bad quality.

I want rips of the sprites =P.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.