Sonic Rush (DS) Prototype. Need $$$, as usual.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by drx, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    Ok, I found a Sonic Rush prototype that has only one level. It wasn't sent to any magazines, but it appeared on E3. And yea, it's legit.

The price is $600. My paypal is [email protected], for other payment types - PM me or email at [email protected]

I know nothing else about the prototype, so please don't ask unnecessery questions.

Thanks.

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    Wasn't this the demo that you could download? Nothing's different, so imo it's not worth it.

3. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Download? I recall no such E3 demo. Isn't this the demo with Blaze appears in it?

I think I'll donate, but when you get this demo, how are you going to dump it?

4. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    I'm not very into DS stuff, so this is weird for me. Any proof or that?

And I can dump everything with EPROMs inside :P

5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Nice, I really love DS games. But what? One level in development for $600? You'd better ask in details about it. Is there a Blaze? What kind of music does it have (some music was scrapped)? If it's in a bit earlier stages of development, then we'll have one Sonic's special attack, that was deleted later.

Well, for dumping mostly you'll need a DS itself + some flashcard equipment.

And also, I guess not many people will be interested in this proto (asides from sprite-ripping, thoug), cause it requires DS itself to run, and not many people here have a DS, I guess.

6. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    I can dump any prototypes with eproms inside, so that's not the case.

Well, I figured out I'll ask the guy to lend me the cart for some cash, then I dump it, and return it to him.

7. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    Besides Sonic Adventure the new games are of little interest to me prototype-wise... and one level for $600 would not be worth it; even for a level not seen in the final of the game

8. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    I'm pretty sure that was a free downloadable demo at E3 2005. The only differences between that version and the final are the music, the title screen, and Blaze's life icon (it shows Sonic). Even the level layout was largely the same.

9. Lostgame

Lostgame

turntablist, dinosaur goddess Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Yeah, this ain't worth it. Unless it's that 2004 E3 demo...

That would be fackin', and is among another holy grail of Sonic protos.

10. Rosiero

Rosiero

Oldbie
    I didn't know there was a downloadable demo at E3 2005 =O I just figured this was the 2004 demo, so I was like "WHY ARE YOU GUYS SAYING THIS ISN'T WORTH IT?"

11. Jayenkai

Jayenkai

Yeah, if it's the 2004 demo, the "Slide rapidly from left to right" fully 3D thing, then that'd be a great rom to have.
    I think you really need to find out which one this is.

12. Rosiero

Rosiero

Oldbie
    I hadn't thought of that either. I was thinking of the demo from before Blaze was revealed, with the different music and Ryan Drummond.

13. Whatever this proto is, I have a DS and a flash cart, so I could play it and record a video of the demo. But, $600...find out more information about this proto; otherwise, it's not worth it.

14. Lostgame

Lostgame

Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    If this is the E3 2004 (3D heroes-esque) proto, I'll do everything I can to donate. Seriously, let me know.

15. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Is there a video of that E3 2004 proto?

16. I have a hunch I've seen a video of the 2004 demo before, but that was freakin' ages ago.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    He said "Sonic Rush", so that's certainly not it.

18. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    Ok - it's the E3 2005 one. Kinda gay.

So yea here are the two options:

1. Someone gives me $600 and I dump the cart myself.
    2. Someone gives me $250 and the guy sends me the cart, and someone also dumps it for me (buying all the necessary dumping equipment would cost as much as buying the whole cart so there's no point in me doing that). The cart gets returned to the guy afterwards.

I prefer 1, but I know it won't happen so yea.

Oh and yea - me dumping the cart means damaging the cart (because I dump with an eprom programmer and the cart is 'sealed').

If anyone's interested, tell me.

19. Lostgame

Lostgame

Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    No, thanks. This isn't worth $100.

I happen to have DS flash equiptment, but not many do, so, and since there are no decent emulators, that causes instant issues.

EDIT: Also, we have videos of that demo, and, other than the life icons, there are no major (visible) differences.

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    There's at least some audible differences, according to what was said before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.