don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Huh. They remixed the Frozen Factory music found in last year's dump.

Looks like we now have a proper Act 1 and Act 2 combo. Get on it, Lost World mod team. :v:/>

Act 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLeA42wxiiA

Act 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQnQqm9AcV0

Act 1 is better. Act 2 goes a little too crazy with it.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Both are grand, but I prefer the act 2/the final version. Runners' music all suffers from being a bit samey though. Considering the nature of the game it's too be expected. And not to mention it's a better soundtrack on the whole than Lost World's, which was uncharacteristically bland of a Sonic game much of the time.

3. SonicHyuga

SonicHyuga

Tennessee
    Sky Rail (Generations) and Aquarium Park (Generations)
    0:10-0:20 instantly reminds me of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZtBb1kre8U

4. I can't even get the game to work on my iPhone 4s. The beta ran fine on my iPhone 4, but now as of the 2.x update, if I'm lucky enough to have it boot into an actual level, it crashes any time it tries to load anything...particularly randomly during game play, or the results screen afterwards. I'm disappointed. There's no reason why a game like this should not work. Get your shit together SEGA :|

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Bland songs for a half-baked game? :v:

Actually, thinking about it now after what Hyuga said, it would not surprise me if this is a teaser song to be included in the next Mario and Sonic because it would fit any winter/dream event perfectly.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That you shouldn't really blame them for your phone is 4 years old. Phone tech moves quickly you gotta keep up.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Gotta agree, sadly. Phone tech usually hits end of life after two years. Apple's been VERY generous with the 4S, especially with giving it iOS 9. But you can easily see on a 4S iOS9 is still tying down the system (though nowhere near as badly as iOS8 was.)

8. Considering I can run 3D titles on this device with butter smooth frame rate (Asphalt :>), and the fact that my iPhone 4 on iOS 7 ran the beta very, very well, it's not my phone's hardware that's the issue. It's a RAM management issue, and they're getting lazy. Literally the only app that refuses to run properly.

9. MartiusR

MartiusR

I've probably made some mistake which I won't reverse now, but well, I'll ask anyway :P

I've uninstalled Sonic Runners, and before this I've made a copy of this file which was inside folder of Sonic Runners, strangely named "__FOX_XUNIQ__" (and it doesn't have any extension!). Now when I've tried to reinstall it and copy it into this folder "assigned" to Sonic Runners, which name begins with "com", it doesn't work. I've realised that there is this option with transfer data... But I forgot to write down my id :( Does it mean that I've lost my whole progress? I had turn on this Google Service "Play Games" (or "Google Games", I don't remember its name), but it seems that it doesn't allow to restore my progress.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yep, all your progress is gone without that code and setting up a transfer.

11. EmerlForgotten

EmerlForgotten

Sonic Music Curator Member
    Sonic Lost World's soundtrack felt very safe, adhering to Ohtani's trademark style but with the songs sort of blending in as a result. However, there's still plenty of standout tracks that are pure ear candy (Honeycomb Highway, Juice Archipelago, Sea Bottom Segue, Dragon Dance, etc.).

But yeah, Sonic Runners' soundtrack is OK at best IMO.

12. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Yeah, I'm on Android here, and even on games with crummy framerates that heat my tablet up to the point where I can't even touch it, NONE of them are anywhere near as unstable as Sonic Runners is. Since it launched in North America in June, I've had Sonic Runners crash and outright freeze my tablet more than any other app I have installed by miles and miles. The number of crashes I've experienced in just that six month period is probably over a hundred at this point.

Sonic Dash was the same way, incidentally. You'd almost start to wonder if Sega's just not allocating any resources to QA. Or, maybe whoever they have hacking in their stupid pop-up ads doesn't know what they're doing.

Regardless, it's embarrassing.

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Speaking of the music, Volume 2 of the OST just hit iTunes. $6.93.

1. Going My Way
    2. Go Quickly!
    3. Fiery Passion
    4. End of the Summer
    5. Strange Parade
    6. Magical Snow Day
    7. Ambition

My fingers are crossed for a physial release when it's all said and done. This may be something I've said before

14. Much like the physical release of Sonic 4 I & II's soundtrack, it'll happen eventually.

15. EmerlForgotten

EmerlForgotten

Sonic Music Curator Member
    Listening to the second volume of the Runners soundtrack, I can already tell it's an improvement over the first volume. Songs are catchy as hell.

16. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    The Werehog has been added to the premium roulette over this weekend - He's a power type character.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I think we're mostly past the point of caring now. There's been so little in the way of significant new content since release and so many bugs that have arisen without being fixed. Kind of a shame. Interestingly, this game appears to be less successful commercially than either Dash or Dash 2. Gee, I wonder why...

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Speaking of bugs, I was trying to play today and ran into an odd one. Everytime I started a level, nothing was happening. My character was moving, but none of the enemies moved, there were no gems or rings, dash rings were broken, there was random shit in places, and when Robotnik showed up you just saw him float right by, and you just would keep running, forever. Which would be great to just let the thing sit and win for you but unfortunately there's no way to die when just running in a straight line. This happened 3 times in a row as well.

Good game.

19. So apparently Runners has been removed from Google Play and the IOS app store.

Wonder why...

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yea I just searched Google Play and it wasn't there.

Could they maybe have major work planned on the game? Or maybe it was forced off both for the time being due to the game burning your hands while you play it.