don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh I don't know if they will give out a gift, but when they inadvertently screw up the usually do.

2. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    So Sega put out a Halloween update that has Eggman apparently poisoning candy, and features King Boom Boo fairly prominently.

Except they spelled it "King Boob Boo" or something, and had to put out an apology that's pretty great out-of-context:

[​IMG]

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    *clap clap clap

Good fucking work Sonic Team. Excellent work. :specialed:

"We are currently working on a patch to fix one letter, but in the meantime here's an announcement we added in that does nothing but point out our mistake even more. Have a Sbooby Halloween everyone."

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    The great emerald's power allows me to feel boob.

Pumpkin Hill features in the update too, by the way.

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Oh for the fucking love of God...

I decided to play this game for the first time in ages just now. Simple run of the Halloween stage just to see what it's like. I died after getting 4 or 5 RRs and almost 17,000 pieces of candy.

"Watch ad for a free continue?"

> Sure, why not?

The ad never loads, so after about 3 minutes I minimise and immediately open the game back up. And it returns to the bloody title screen. That entire run is now lost. Thanks, SEGA.

This game is a technical embarrassment.

6. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    I can explain what happened here, an in fact, it's actually funny.

King Boom Boo's name, written in Japanese is ?????? (kingu buubu), which the last word in the name reads more similarly to the word "Boob". My guess is probably whoever translated this didn't understand the context and thought it should be written as "Boob" as a result. A long time ago, when we were getting translated titles, someone from Team Artail translated Episode 19's episode tilte as "King Boob" rather than King "Boom Boo", probably because of lack of knowledge of how the name was written in Japanese originally. This was, of course, before the episode aired. So this mistake is actually 100% understandable. But it's hilarious that Sega, of all companies, would make that mistake. It also takes me back, because we as fans messed the name up in Sonic X when the titles came out.

Either way, that should explain it.

7. MartiusR

MartiusR

Is it normal that up to this moment, after all updates in meanwhile, I still can't play and have excactly the same problem as previously? (whatever option I'll choose, game freezes)?

8. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    It could be that your device doesn't have enough Free Ram. (A lot of applications eat up Ram).
    If you are Android try the following:
    Downloading Greenify and greenifying all apps except for Sonic Runners
    Downloading AMemBooster and running it before playing
    Rooting your phone and using a ROM that is optimised for speed (although, this requires a bit of care and a lot of research!)

9. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    The name "King Boob boo" suits him better because of his past outbursts of wanting bras in Sonic Adventure 2...

Because you know... it sounded like he was screaming the word bra... :v:

I've yet to play this game but some things are putting me off from playing it which is a shame because the gameplay itself looks like real fun.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Classic Sonic is back for one week (along with Tikal and Blaze). I have both thank god, so if I don't get Classic Sonic this time :argh:

11. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Uh, so I booted this game up after a few weeks and I finally spun the roulette because I felt like it. I got Classic Sonic but the game was like, lol jk, here's a special egg, 50 Red Star Rings, some regular rings, now here's your free spin. I'm guessing it's because I already had Classic Sonic? Anyways, the board was messed up too. Like, the character egg wasn't as small and it was arrange differently. So I got the character egg and I got Blaze. Has that happened to anyone else?

12. Retroman

Retroman

There's NoRoot firewall, which you can get if you are on an Android phone, and you basically can block internet access to any application, meaning if you do the same to Sonic Runners, it will block the ads from loading.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Cheers! But I'm using an iPhone, so no can do. I just don't get why this game has to be so sloppy.

There's all this talk about SEGA understanding that there are problems with Sonic games and they're going to improve them. This current current and ongoing title would be a fine place to start...

Also I'm not sure about other regions and platforms, but here in the UK on iOS at least Runners is still failing to chart in any of the games charts. Dash 1 is 83rd for free games. Runners (and Dash 2) are nowhere to seen.

14. MartiusR

MartiusR

I'm paying attention to those things (however I'm not using phone, but JXD S7800B (well, in fact it's tablet with physical controllers, in theory it's handheld - big handheld), however my problem appeared after first update with Zazz's event, and it was even officialy announced by Sega, that there are problems on some phones/tablets, that there is no possibility to choose almost anything, because game "freezes" (that's my case), they've promised to work out solution with next patch, but I've downloaded all patches in the meanwhile and still have the same issue.

Anyway, what does this new button "clear cache"? Is this the same thing as clearing data for app in settings of my device? Will it delete my profile/progress in game? Do you think I may try with that one?

15. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    You wont lose your progress with "Clear Cache", so try it, you have nothing to lose.

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

"Clear cache" only removes the redundant data that the game downloads, such as for notifications and events. It'll free up a lot of space, but then the game will have to redownload some data in order to run.

17. Energy

Energy

When the game gives the option to watch an add to get a free continue does anyone else not get the free continue?
    This has been a problem for a while and it really puts me off playing. I've put the game on a new iPhone since and it still does this. Seems quite a naughty bug.

18. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    It happened to me once, but only once. Game runs pretty well in general for me.

19. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    The free continue almost never works for me. After watching the ad, it goes back to the screen asking if I want to watch an ad for a free continue. That's of course if it doesn't crash first.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It used to happen on rare occaisions, then started happening almost all the time. And if it didn't do that, then the ad would just never load in the first place and I'd have to quit the game.

Uninstalled the game this morning. I'm done with it until SEGA get around the fixing it's numerous bugs.