don't click here

Sonic RPG now official

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Shadow Hog, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

Couldn't be said any better.

I just hope that this game will have real time battles (just like destroying enemies in any other Sonic game) instead of turn based battles.

It'd be nice if it had a system like in Brave Fencer Musashi.

2. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are RPGs, only that they bear some similarities to the genre.

3. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    RPG out of the racing genre? Try RCProAmII for NES. =P

4. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    A bit off the current flow, but does anyone else think that they'd have to completely depart from the current Segasonic mainstream story line to make an effective Sonic RPG? When all you have is a shitty storyline getting shittier plotline to work with, it makes telling a story a lot more difficult in my opinion. Gameplay might still be fine, but staying within the current Sonic Adventure timeline would produce mass faggotry, imo.

Just to make it clear, I'm not saying it shouldn't be segasonic... I'm saying that they should pretend anything after sonic adventure didn't happen and do something new and less gay.

5. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

6. Nicholas Onimura

Nicholas Onimura

Lurker Member
    If BioWare's co-making it, then this game has a very slight chance of not sucking.

~Nick

7. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Maybe this can give the storyline a mass overhaul ala the Crisis of Infinite Earths?

8. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Yeah, lovely stuff straight from a Wikipedia summary!

9. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    I'm getting a vibe here: Sonic and friends will be sitting in Station Square having a massive orgy when Silver shouts out "Time Travel", they travel to the past, fight the scrapped dragon boss from Windy Valley, learn how to use swords and turn green, fighting Eggman Nega.

10. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I prefer robot overlords robotizing everything up so there can be plenty of explosions everywhere.

5 Bucks Robotnik joins your team halfway.

11. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Super Paper Mario style much?

12. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

Well you probably not going to find much else in English...

13. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member

14. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Nonsense. The "most dreaded phrase", the "more (sic) horrible combination of words", and the "most terrible sequence of syllables ever known to the Sonic community" would all be bad level design which places emphasis on rote memorization of traps and such to go fast instead of preserving any sense of flow. Also using bottomless pits as traps, at that. Almost ALWAYS.

15. Upthorn

Upthorn

TAS Tech Member
    fixed.

Also:
    Actually, Sonic Adventure was originally planned to be an RPG, and you can see some elements of that remaining, like:
    An overworld,
    Item collection to gain new powers,
    Fishing minigame,
    Shooting minigame,
    Story involving power of a god,
    NPCs who repeat the same thing over and over.

Also, with Bioware on the job, this game has a pretty good chance of not sucking.
    Also, with Bioware on the job, don't expect it to have a Final Fantasy like turn-based battle system, or be anything like JRPGs in general.

16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    And you know this... how? Where's your proof?

17. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Basically, Bioware plans to emulate JPRG style with this game (Whatever the hell "JRPG style" is supposed to be).

18. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    There goes my story idea for Sonic Uno.

But on a more serious note - I love RPG's, I love Sonic, Mix 'em together you probably get crap. But, as a fan of almost all of BioWare's other works, That being KoTOR and Baulder's Gate, I actually have hope for this. My guess is that your Armor will be consisting of Different Rings and... most likely(considering Sega still has some control, I bet) Shoes. Sucky, yes, but eh, I'm gonna buy a DS for this game never-the-less, as I have a childhood dream fulfilled.

Yes, I have pretty much shown a bit of a blatent fanboyism in this post, and I probably will suffer for it.

19. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Shoes and other clothing are possible (heck, maybe you can play the entire game without shoes, for no other reason than you can - and that it'd probably not give you any stat boosts, thus giving you a more challenging run through the game, similar to "Naked Alucard" runs in Symphony of the Night). However, I seriously doubt that rings are going to be your armor of all things. Health, certainly, but for armor, a far more logical solution exists: shields. Bog Standard Shields from Sonic 1 & 2 with no elemental leanings but perhaps slightly stronger defense all around, Lightning Shields which specialize in neutralizing electric attacks and possibly attracting health, Fire Shields which specialize in neutralizing fire and explosive attacks and do extra Fire damage on enemies, Water Shields which specialize in neutralizing water-based attacks and allow for underwater breathing (if necessary)... Heck, you could probably add new shields, like Virus Shields which protect against Poison but randomly inflict computer viruses or Poison on your opponents (depending on whether they're electrical or fleshy), Invisi Shields which cause attacks by opponents to miss at a higher rate but with lower overall defense, and so on. The possibilities are endless.

20. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    I didn't make myself clear. I meant rings that are placed on one's fingers. Not the standerd Sonic Rings, but the more conventional ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.