don't click here

Sonic Riders character revealed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Squints, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    So basically, since I hope no one is crazy enough to make Masato Nakamura a playable character in a video game, NiGHTS is the most likely, if not the only, suspect.

Discuss.

2. Shade

Shade

Now THAT I want to see.

3. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    I've been saying NiGHTS is going to be a playable character for a while =P Since AiAi is a character, I expected other Sega/Sonic Team characters would be playable, like NiGHTS, Billy Hatcher, shit like that.

4. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Billy Hatcher? What would he ride on, an egg?

...Oh. Right.

5. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    So that bassicially confirms all characters:

Speed:

Sonic
    Jet
    Amy
    Shadow
    Robo 2
    Super Sonic

Flight:

Tails
    Wave
    Rouge
    Cream
    Robo 3
    NiGHTS

Power:

Knuckles
    Storm
    Dr. Eggman
    Robo 1
    AiAi

I think I'll enjoy playing as NiGHTS.

6. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance

I was just wondering about who that NiGHTS character was. I was searching through some old Game Informer ads when I came across this purple character debuting on the Sega Saturn.

It's amazing what you read back then. Back when the Nintendo 64 was called the Ultra 64, and reading those video game failures (The Atari Jaguar, the 3DO system, etc.)

Then again, Sega failed as well...but they still exist strong. ;)

7. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    NiGHTS was indeed the purple clownish character from the Saturn game "NiGHTS into Dreams."

While the graphics haven't ages that well, the gameplay was second to none and was one of the best games for Saturn.

8. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Is it me or should there be another Power character in that list?

9. Evil Cheese

Evil Cheese

..... Member
    Ahh the Jaguar, I remember back when it was on display at all the stores. They were really pushing that thing back then, I recall the 'Do the Math' commercials they had going saying the console was the only true 64-bit console on the market.

It's funny when you think about how much hype was based around bit widths back then. No one cared about the CPU clock speed or how many polys the GPU could render a second! ;)

I also remember nintendo branding certain arcade games as 'Ultra 64' to make the public think it was the same hardware as the N64.

Back on topic, I'd like to see NiGHTS in a Sonic game.

10. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    On the riders official website, there are 4 more blank character slots. We already know 1 is Ai Ai, so its down to three. There will probably be a Robo 3, so it's down to two. I'm going to put NiGHTS in there as well, so its down to one.

The last character has got to bed a sonic team character I bet that would represent power.

It also says on the website "...As you progress through the game, you will unlock a whole lot of characters you might recognize!"

So yea.

11. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

Woo! A NiGHTS cameo that doesn't involve an odd building!

12. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    XDDD And he'd battle the evil Dr Naka and upset naka by asking for more money. Oh yes.

13. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Oi, the Twin Seeds Tower rules.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Wasn't Ulala already confirmed as a secret character?

15. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

Bit incongruous in Radical Highway, though.

16. quartzlcc

quartzlcc

test-object's worst nightmare. Member
    California
    lrning2hack
    Wow, good one. You just basically proved that true. :shocked: Either that or a chao will be one of the playable characters. :yes:

17. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    "One Classy Bloke" over at the GHZ is apparently one of the testers, and claimed these as the final game characters a while ago:

- Sonic
    - Tails
    - Knuckles
    - Jet
    - Wave
    - Storm
    - Amy
    - Eggman
    - Cream
    - Rouge
    - Shadow
    - NiGHTS
    - Aiai
    - Ulala
    - E-10000g
    - E-10000r

18. Deathbyteacup

Deathbyteacup

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons. Member
    Would he not be under non-disclosure agreement if he was actualy a tester?

19. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    Well, AiAi was mentioned in a press release, and maybe NiGHTS was too, and Ulala is the games commentator, so it's not much to keep a secret about.

20. Shade

Shade

Metal Sonic FTW.

...Please Sonic Team. And not his shit Heroes design either. Eh, I suppose its too much to expect of Sega to not butcher our beloved characters. If Metal appears, he'll most likely be sporting some crazy shades, and be completely blinged out.

You can't have eXtreme airboarding without eXtreme goggles or eXtremely gay boots!

And dear god is it irritating. "Sonic is off to a great start!" "Look at Sonic ride that air stream!" "Sonic has passed Tails!" "Sonic has passed Knuckles!" "Sonic initiates a smooth grind" "Sonic lands the grind!" "Sonic gets some huge air!" "Sonic makes a perfect landing!" OMG STFU PLZ. If you've heard any of the video's you'll know what I mean. She is more obnoxious than the SSX dude.

My god, I'm glad these character designs are spin-off exclusive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.