Sonic References in other series

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by BlackHole, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Sprites for Cybernetic Outbreak
    Sonic the Hedgehog is a popular series, no doubt, and with every popular series comes references in other series. I'm curious to the amount of Sonic the Hedgehog references that you can find out there. And to show what I mean, I'll use the Pokémon Series as a reference:
    [​IMG]
    Now, don't that look familiar? How many can you guys find?

2. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64

Hopelessly Lost in Aisle 5 Member
    Sonic's shoes make a small cameo in Donkey Kong Country 2:
    [​IMG]

3. PARASOL

PARASOL

Wii version of Samba de amigo:

[​IMG]

4. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    The Simpsons in two episodes...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Yay the ghz totem pole, in most ghz remakes from sega that is missing, and the sonic adv 2 ones looked poo and too small.

6. Billy Hatcher as an Unlockable animal:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    <!--quoteo(post=354675:date=Sep 25 2009, 06:47 PM:name=NioZero)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NioZero @ Sep 25 2009, 06:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354675">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The Simpsons in two episodes...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He was in the Simpsons game as well. The one they made to tie in with the movie.

8. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    <a href="http://www.theghz.com/museum/others.html" target="_blank">End of discussion.</a>

9. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    <!--quoteo(post=354678:date=Sep 26 2009, 01:52 AM:name=RGamer2009)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RGamer2009 @ Sep 26 2009, 01:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354678">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Billy Hatcher as an Unlockable animal:
    [​IMG][​IMG]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That is soooooooooooooo SA2 sonic before soaps (and lower poly)

10. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    <!--quoteo(post=354680:date=Sep 25 2009, 09:54 PM:name=Ritz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ritz @ Sep 25 2009, 09:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354680">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><a href="http://www.theghz.com/museum/others.html" target="_blank">End of discussion.</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Sega Channel is not mentioned there.

11. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Sprites for Cybernetic Outbreak
    <!--quoteo(post=354680:date=Sep 26 2009, 01:54 AM:name=Ritz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ritz @ Sep 26 2009, 01:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354680">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><a href="http://www.theghz.com/museum/others.html" target="_blank">End of discussion.</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That's only in video games, and as you can see, there are plenty of Sonic references in cartoons and animé. Not to mention I can't see The Simpsons Game mentioned among those as on here.

12. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    <!--quoteo(post=354687:date=Sep 25 2009, 05:01 PM:name=Sik)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sik @ Sep 25 2009, 05:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354687">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sega Channel is not mentioned there.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Tell Gibbon that.

13. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64

Hopelessly Lost in Aisle 5 Member
    Technically he was in PSO Blue Burst:
    [​IMG]

14. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Mmm, it was fun running around as Sonic in PSO:BB. I wonder if an alternative to SCHTACK is finally viable...

15. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=354699:date=Sep 25 2009, 06:30 PM:name=Eviltaco64)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eviltaco64 @ Sep 25 2009, 06:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354699">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Technically he was in PSO Blue Burst:
    [​IMG]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Actually, in every single version of PSO since Version 2. He and Tails, as well as Knuckles and Amy if I remember correctly, also appear as furniture in PSU.

16. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    <!--quoteo(post=354689:date=Sep 25 2009, 07:06 PM:name=BlackHole)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlackHole @ Sep 25 2009, 07:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354689">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not to mention I can't see The Simpsons Game mentioned among those as on here.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=354679:date=Sep 25 2009, 06:52 PM:name=LordOfSquad)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LordOfSquad @ Sep 25 2009, 06:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354679">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->He was in the Simpsons game as well. The one they made to tie in with the movie.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi there!

17. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    <a href="http://www.blendernation.com/studio-lighting-for-yafaray-in-blender-3d/" target="_blank">http://www.blendernation.com/studio-lighti...-in-blender-3d/</a>

Yeah, the purple one is missing, but it looks like a Sonic reference to me.

18. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

O'Doyle Rules Member
    The Sonic cameo in The Simpsons Game was great.

"That shadow version of me? Nicest guy in the world, just misunderstood."
    "*sigh* I don't even remember why I hate Eggman anymore."

19. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    Moneybags breifly mentions him in Spyro: Year of the Dragon in the one of the last worlds where everything is made of Crystal and there are a bunch of Gnomes who use magic in it. If you say no to paying Moneybags he'll say something like
    "You shouldn't make a magician mad Spyro. He might just turn you into a blue hegehog or something."

Obviously Craig Stitt had something to do with this reference since he was was a former SOA employee and worked for Insomniac at this time (and still does for that matter as far as I know.)

20. Banoon

Banoon

yes Member
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Yeth (hack)
    In a Saturn Tamagotchi game.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.