don't click here

Sonic RDX Update

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Dude, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash

Also, say you've got a set of models near 0x10000 that make a level... if you have all of those models in the 0x10000-20000 range, and then all of a sudden have one at 0xFFFFFFFFFFF+, it won't work properly. It'll render just fine but the collision engine chokes on it. Its not hard to delete an entire level and turn it into free space to avoid this problem, but not many people know how to do it.

2. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    I think the only problem with that blue ice is the tiling that makes up the pattern is too small; if the tiles were enlarged, the walls and such would look better.

3. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    yay sonic rdx update time:

This is a huge update from the last version (which only had 3 levels)

- 5 custom level, complete with object and camera layouts, and new textures.
    - sa2 style light dash
    - Higher Quality Sonic and object models
    - Various gameplay modifications (Amy has sonic's physics array, sonic uses different animations, object ports, etc.)
    - New Enemy!
    - And a new (shitty) intro video!
    - Standalone issue! This makes for a larger download but you do not need the original SADX. I did this for all the rero-goers that said "I'd play this if I had sadx!"

Screenshot time:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Download the new version Here (298 mb)

Also, for space reasons I only included parts of the sounddata folder that were changed. Substitute your own accordingly.

Oh and another thing, the included .ini sets the screen resolution to the lowest by default, this is because of a bug with the higher-res title screen. Don't change it unless you really want to.

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Fucking brilliant, as though anything else needs to be said. I've played very far, but it was just absolute excellence.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What I don't like - Sonic's model (especially all the shininess), Title screen emblem.

What I do like - basically everything else

The levels themselves are great it's just the new models you've made which I am not really a fan of. Besides that though, everything is fine, keep up the awesomeness

6. Fiamonder

Fiamonder

Amsterdam
    Sonic Generations & Knuckles
    Damn, It's amazing. I like the lightning tweaks and the level design, and you did a awesome job on Ice Cap. I'm liking this demo alot.

7. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Haven't played SADX in a while, so not giving it a try? Too bad I got to download a 300 MB file. My connection is pretty slow recently. :(

8. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Crashes for me once I get past the menu. I select 'adventure' and... that's it. = S

9. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    I'd suggest re-downloading. If that doesn't fix it I really don't know what to tell you. I've not run into this yet. Perhaps install it over a typical sadx build? Remember that the system folder is RDXSys.

10. Fiamonder

Fiamonder

Amsterdam
    Sonic Generations & Knuckles
    [​IMG]

Heh, what. xD

You really screwed the cutscene heads up.

11. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Thanks for the standalone version Dude, I might actually try this out now.

It's funny how far we've come from ass-covering IPS patch links :V

12. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    I left the cutscene heads messed up, even though I know full well how to fix them, because I think they are hilarious.

13. Titan

Titan

UK
    Ok...im trying to click the download link but I just get taken to some page with a load of garbled text that seems to load endlessly. Whats the deal?

14. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    The x-hax server fails and reports RAR (and 7z) files as plaintext. You'll need to right click the download link and Save link as or save target as or whatever it is on your browser.

15. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    I love this, model included, but I'm not a big fan of the shininess.

16. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    This actually looks better than the actual game. Greatest emotion I've ever seen come out of SA1 Knuckles, anyway.

17. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    That was fun! I was a bit disoriented by the awkward camera placement sometimes, but I really enjoyed playing this. The new levels are very well designed, easy to navigate and not terribly challenging, so I didn't find myself incredibly frustrated or anything like that. I was a bit miffed by the fact that I had to play through Adventure mode again to see all the new level changes, but it didn't take too long to check out everything that was done so far.

Nice work! Definitely looking forward to this getting more polished. :)

18. Sokaris

Sokaris

Here is a man who stood up. Member
    Looks like X-hax is down at the moment. Anyone have a mirror?

19. HighFrictionZone

HighFrictionZone

Hi. Member
    Katy, Texas
    Nothing
    Attempting to download results in a failure.
    Google chrome reporst "This link appears to be broken"

Internet explorer "cannot find the webpage"

Chances are highly likely that a bandwidth cap has been reached.

20. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    yep, my account on cultnet was suspended for bandwidth overusage... anyone else got a host?

Any mirrors would be appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.