don't click here

Sonic Prologue Fan Film

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lanzer, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I went in expecting it to be dire. What I found was pretty damn good.

2. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Tails Acts Cute: The Movie. :v:

This was actually quite enjoyable for me. The mic quality for the voice actors isn't particularly good and a few scenes drag on more than they need to (I.e. the buzzbombers), but, my kid self would have liked this a lot.

3. Nova

Nova

Basically, for the money and time spent on it, a far, far superior product to the Eddie LeBron movie. Far more of an understanding of what people want, which is the most important aspect of producing anything, really.

4. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Maybe I'm being too harsh but... it's definitely impressive, but it's kind of just... 25 minutes of characters acting as they always have. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of a major conflict, it's just a flashback to what would appear to be an average, every day fight between Sonic and Eggman. Which at this point would be like doing a 25 minute short movie where you had a flash back to the ham sandwich you ate a couple weeks ago. Not exactly dramatic or inspiring.

It needs to say something. Not even necessarily have "a message", but just like... build up to a climax. Build up to something. It's pretty muddled in that regard. There's not much of a narrative, just a sequence events.

The animation's nice, though, even if the maps themselves look a bit... Garry's Mod.

5. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Better than I expected and the music was a nice treat!