don't click here

Sonic - project : S.E.E.P

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by GameNerd Advance, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes, I'm making A fangame:

[​IMG]

Kiss my feet. Go on, kiss them.

When I make my first release for this game, it will only have these five levels. However, expect it to grow over time. I'll accept ideas/graphics for levels, or anything that helps. Not that you need to, or that I'm trying to get everyone else to do the work for me, but it would help.

This game is based on the engine of another game I was making, Project : Elementus.

2. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

Sonic 3 Multiplayer Zones? The cast of SegaSonic Arcade? You officially rock. :D

I might try and see if could get some graphics or stuff made for it, if my stuff is good enough.

3. Shade

Shade

YES! Finally, someone using that kickass idea I've been going off about (I'm sure I'm not the first to think it though). Fianlly, single player competition zones. You, sir, rock. I'd prefer playing these in a hack, but this looks great :) Keep it up man, I'm really looking forward to it.

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Not bad, I like the perspective you've brought on with it.

...why are the sprites so small?

5. Because Small sprites fit better with the 2P graphics, especially for the loops.
    They're basically just SPA sprites, shaded in genesis style. I then used sonics sprites as a base for the other two.

6. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    *points to avatar*

7. Rofl! Actually, they were kinda inspired by that. thought it would look better than using the resized Sprites on sonic 3.

I'm considering giving the Levels different Timezones. Good idea?

8. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    You bet your ass it is. This looks like pure fangame gold.

9. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Don't forget, looks can be deceiving. Although it does look nice, getting the physics engine right is a must, otherwise it could easily suck. What are you making it with?

10. Shade

Shade

Eh, it's your choice, but honestly: More than a couple of hacks are using this mechanic. I think it'd be fine without, quite frankly. Either way, this is looking good.

11. C, should it matter. And I'm taking as much time as possible to get the physics right. Or should I simply use the Mettrix engine?

12. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    It does matter actually, coz by using a program like Game Maker of Multimedia Fusion, it's harder to get an accurate physics engine as opposed to using a proper programming language like C or C++. Glad to see you've opted for the real language rather than Game Maker though.

I think you should attempt to make your own engine rather than use the Mettrix engine. You'll learn more and be able to customise certain aspects a lot better than just using someone elses code.

13. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    When using GM it all depends on what you do with the program. Gamemaker runs on C++ and you can code inside of it to make it custom to what you want. It all depends if you are too lazy and only depend on Gamemaker.

14. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    The Ring counter could use some work, but graphically that's AMAZING. We should chat sometime =P *is about to click Add Reply and then realized we HAVE chatted on a related subject*

...lol.

*click*

15. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Talk to me, I've written several engines for Sonic with complete physics involved.

EDIT: Not to mention cross-platform goodness. n.n

16. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    GML is seriously crippled compared to C languages. GML is nowhere near as featureful. You can make some decent games with Game Maker, but you could easily top it with C.

This game looks pretty sweet. By the way... what does SEEP mean? :P

17. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    "I'm not going into what S.E.E.P means."
    :P

I am also curious, however.

18. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    About the physics thing, GameNerd. I suggest you make a simple demo of just a plain ordinary test level and give it to us so we can judge for ourselves. It's up to you though, but it would probably give us a lot more to look forward to.

19. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Hmm... C tops out GM... There goes that project...

Nice looking. I especially like the fact you're using those "pointless" characters. Nice. My only qualm so far is the "Arial" font for the HUD. Your choice of how it is though.

20. Knux13

Knux13

Member since May 19, 2002 Banned
    SEEP = Sonic Emerald Energy Project?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.