don't click here

Sonic price cuts for 19th Birthday

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Endgame, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    <a href="http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-48103-Austin-Video-Game-Industry-Examiner~y2010m6d22-Sonics-Birthday-Blowout" target="_blank">Sonic's Birthday Blowout!</a>

2. So basically, for the most part, all these titles have gone down to what they're actually worth.

3. well, I'll probably pick up sonic 1 and 2, don't have those on my Xbox yet.

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    What the hell, I'll see if I can get a points card and download the original titles. I've been wanting to use lock-on for a while.

Knowing my luck I won't make it to the store (credit card is a no-no), but never hurts to try.

Say, does this only last tomorrow, for a week, or what? Permanent would be nice, but I guess just tomorrow is the most likely. I didn't see how long the deal would last in the link.

5. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I see they didn't lower the ASR DLC on the 360 :|

I want more people to race against dangit

6. >Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: Metal Sonic Death Egg----- $7.99 $5.49
    >fu.jpg

So the Unleashed DLC comes to a total of $12? That's like £8. Worth it if I ever get the game? Also is it a permanent drop?

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    No. The 360 one lasts a single day and the PSN one goes on until July... 7th, I believe.

Also:

"Sonic Racing Add On Bundle----- $6.49"

$6.49 for both ASR items is... slightly reasonable. Still a bit high, but not a total ripoff. I may spring for it.

8. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    So no DLC stuff is being reduced on xbla? good for the retro titles but what about that over priced metal sonic dlc!

9. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I guess Sega getting chummy with Sony (dat document) has its payoffs in some cases.

10. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I'm also wondering if the DLC for that game is worth buying. I plan to get the PS3 version of Sonic Unleashed someday so if getting all the DLC for $12 is worth it, I totally want to buy that stuff.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Well, the DLC for Unleashed is only worth getting if you liked Unleashed and wanted more levels on every continent. It's really more for the people who had the full game and wanted more. If you hate the title, there's no sense in getting them as it's really more of the same.

12. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    I see nothing for Virtual Console listed, and I only have a Wii this generation, unfortunately.

I am not interested.

13. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Ninty has a set price for VC games, with a 100 point premium when they feel like it (usually imports). Genesis games, including Sonic, will never go below 800 points, and SEGA can't do a damn thing about it.

14. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Besides Sega's Christmas deal on the Virtual Console last Christmas, where select Sega Genesis games went down to 600 points.

EDIT: I kinda wish Sonic's Games On Demand games would have gone down in price ...

15. HighFrictionZone

HighFrictionZone

Hi. Member
    Katy, Texas
    Nothing
    Damn it. I had just purchased Sonic 1 - 3 on the 360 not even a week ago.

16. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Are the DLC levels good?

17. Should we sing? :-D As someone who was there at the beginning, happy birthday, little guy. I do think the future is bright right now.

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Some are, others are just existing stages with the difficulty jacked up (different object placement, whole new paths, etc.) I had fun playing them when they were being freshly rolled out. Some of the night stages are pretty crazy and some of the day stages are interesting, such as that platforming based Shamar Day Act 5 mission.

19. corneliab

corneliab

Some of my favorite stages in the game were from the DLC. Windmill Isle 1-2 immediately comes to mind.

20. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    One of the Holaska DLC stages is pretty cool. A few of the Night levels are pretty good, especially the ones you get in Spagonia, the one in particular I'm thinking of would have been a much better choice than the one in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.