don't click here

Sonic P-06 general

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jul 15, 2020.

1. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Is there a way to just put my Demo 3 save data into 3.5 so I don't have to collect the gems again and just have all my lives too?

2. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    My save has seemingly always carried forward in some form or another. I collected all the gems once, in either 1.5 or 2.0, and I've just always had access to them in every demo since. Though it's weird -- in 3.0 and 3.5, I have all the gems except for one, but it still saves the fact I have the rainbow gem.

To answer your question, the save files are almost definitely cross-compatible because I've also just been installing the newest demo over the top of all the old demos. That being said, I have no idea where the save data is even stored. Literally the only thing I know is that I've never lost my save data and I've always put the game files in the same folder.

3. Copy Game_Data.bin and Settings.bin from the 'Sonic the Hedgehog_Data' folder and paste it into the new version's 'Sonic the Hedgehog_Data' folder.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!

Shadow's levels have now been released for this project. They've also made further refinements to Sonic's levels.

Well I know what I'm playing tomorrow.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Huh, the one part of 06 I might actually be willing to play...

6. RDNexus

RDNexus

Ohh... Still alive and kicking, this project.
    Maybe Sonic06 will finally get a full PC version ^^"

7. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    The fact ChaosX has managed to remake this much of the game in such a small timeframe is nothing short of astonishing.

Granted, it's still 06 and there's only so much you can do to fix it, but it's really incredible work. I'm very eager to see how this project continues to evolve.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya and some of the features added are just perfection. Shadow, Rouge, and Omega all play pretty great, Rouge's moveset was greatly expanded adding SA2 esq kick moves while Omega now has a 1st person shooting function.

All that's left now is to see how Amy and Blaze will play. Let's see what will change with the worst and best characters of the original game lol

9. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Shadow's story in the original 06 was the only one I bothered to finish and I actually enjoyed it then, so I'm excited to give this a go! Hats off to the team on their incredible progress so far.

10. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

How do I select what monitor this goes on? I could with the last two updates but not this one.

11. RetroRespecter

RetroRespecter

Somebody is doing this right, so that it doesn't become a meme? Sign me up!

12. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    A solid effort all around. Reacquired all the S-ranks for Sonic then did the same for Shadow so I could get both their bonuses. I still hate Shadow's vehicle sections as much as I did back in the day, but playing this version has otherwise been a satisfying experience.

Unfortunately, playing for more than 15-20 minutes at a time or so causes the framerate to absolutely tank. Seems to be a known issue, one I'm hopeful will get fixed whenever Silver's levels get released next year.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. corneliab

corneliab

Been watching a lot of footage of this and it's extremely impressive. The game looks truly fun to play now.

14. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I played the new Shadow levels and replayed Sonic's.

As I've said before...it's a good effort. It's a pretty incredible achievement to recreate a game like 06 accurately with such a small team and in such a short amount of time, but the problems with 06 run deep. The game is playable. It's definitely more fun and reliable in feeling than the original. Once it gets finished and polished, it will be the definitive version of the game. But it is inevitably, inescapably Sonic 06. Sonic controls better, but he still doesn't feel good to control. Silver is more powerful, but he still feels weak. Shadow's combat is more tolerable, but it's still Shadow's combat.

15. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

i wonder, are you guys planing to include new bosses in this game? i hope so, thats the one thing i felt was lacking in the og 06, not enugh bosses, there were like 2? 3? maye 4 or 5 if you strech the definition of the word "boss" tossing in some extra bosses here and there would deff help improve the overall game, being remade from scratch is also dealing with the other main trouble of 06 the glitches and impossible to beat running segments (i hope) so that fact goes without saying, so now my only grips come from pure game design alone of which, more bosses was my only gripe, heck LoS is my curent fav game cause it fixex all the bugs and deals with the running segments, makeing it a good game in my opion, but it still has to follow the og 06 game design , which is at its core, lacking bosses. please to all that is good in life please please consider adding in fun hard new bosses. i love a good face to punch and a butt to kick i sure do!

16. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    The creator of P-06 isn't on this forum as far as I know, so you're kinda farting in the wind here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  17. Chaud

Chaud

As others have mentioned here, this is the kind of project that causes me conflicting emotions. On the one hand, it is impossible not to admire all the effort, dedication and competence that are evident in what we see here. Even if progress stopped at this exact moment, I would honestly say that it is already a great achievement.

On the other hand, It's Sonic 06. There is a ceiling of what is possible to achieve here, unless the idea was to actually do a total remake of the game changing the story, levels, physics, etc. Which makes me lament that so much effort from such talented people is being used on a game that doesn't "deserve" it - but hey! Fangames are personal passion projects. I think a part of me still wanted to see what would be an acceptable version of 06.

And it is possible that this is something like the first step towards another game in the future, as was the case with games like Freedom Planet or Spark the Electric Jester which started with their creators making their own fangames. First you polish your skills and then you can do your own thing.

18. ArmonteSalvato

ArmonteSalvato

To be fair I have not played the original Sonic '06. So I only have a point of reference for the game design (from watching other people's playthroughs), but no point of reference for gameplay and 'game feel'. So I guess this is my first time playing it eh?

The spindash was actually really cool but overall, non-vehicle Shadow was the only character that I liked to control. That still leaves the camera and collision issues.. Does anyone else feel like the camera is too close to the characters and difficult to manage? This is likely necessary due to how the levels are designed, such as the tight spaces and curves in White Acropolis.

It seems ChaosX is determined to make a game that is faithful to the original. From my observations of the level design, camera, collision and combat system, it seems Sonic 06 is a very tightly coupled game - if you change only one of its components, you'd have to change everything else about it... at which point it would become a completely different game.

This is very apparent when you consider level imports for Generations. Porting from Colors and Unleashed is seamless right? Since those are boost games as well. But the Dreamcast games are not boost games, yet some of their levels have been ported with adjustments to fit with the game feel in Generations. But Sonic 06? Everything feels out of place except for the mach speed stages. It's very apparent when you have to stop your character and destroy a circle of enemies (many of these are off-camera) before advancing to the next segment of the stage. And this is due to the specific combat dynamics of Sonic 06 - it's just not something you can separate from the levels themselves.

I wouldn't mind if the project's scope was changed midway to be honest but that would be kind of unexpected.

19. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Isn't one of the major points of this is so we can have Sonic '06 on PC to mod? Outside of fan games/engines, this is probably the closest we're gonna get to a "Modern Adventure-style" game for a long time. After the game is done, someone can easily make adjustments to make it play better or just create a new game altogether.

20. Turbohog

Turbohog

No? In order for it to be "easy" to make adjustments, it would have to be open source. I also don't think ChaosX has said much about mod support.