don't click here

Sonic OVA DVD sold new costs £262.21 from Amazon?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Endgame, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I'd bought the VHS version of Sonic the Movie years back, and I kept meaning to buy it on DVD. But how on earth could it possibly now be this expensive [this is for the Japanese version]??

The link in question:
    Sonic the Movie from Amazon

2. Because it's out of print and that means new ones are pretty rare so they can charge what they like for them.

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Amazon marketplace is always full of price gouging like that when there's few others being sold. Same thing with trying to buy the complete season of Cromartie High School.

4. I managed to get a copy on eBay for ~$20 a while back. Keep searching.

5. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
  6. I have the VHS version. It has better audio quality than the DVD version for SOME REASON.....

(I'm talking about Hifi-Stereo of course, not linear audio tracks... -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VHS#Audio_recording)

7. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    As far as I'm aware, there's no Japanese DVD release. The western version has optional JP audio though.

8. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    I ordered my DVD copy from HMV when it was released in the west. Cost £15 iirc. Sold that copy on eBay for about £100 when I sold up my collection. Kinda regret it now.

9. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I found my DVD copy of Sonic the Movie at a GameStop for $10 about 8 or 9 years ago. I had no idea it existed and obviously pounced at it. I loved it then and I still enjoy it now.

10. I gave mine to my buddy Soto years back.

I just bought a used copy for $45 in reaction to this thread.

Thanks, Retro. :|

11. Kat

Kat

Oldbie
    I have the original Japanese VHS release of the "Sonic Vs Metal Sonic" episode. I didn't know the ADV DVD was so desirable/valuable now!

12. Vangar

Vangar

I've got Sonic Advance GBA + Sonic the Movie VHS Combo in box. No idea the value on that one, it was an AUS only release I think.

13. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I don't suppose you'd be willing to scan that for the wiki would you? That and any info on the box would be appreciated.

14. Ugh, the DVD case was mangled and the disc was pretty beaten up, and there wasn't an insert. Waste of $45, getting a refund.

Did get a full proper ripped ISO of it, though. I wish I still had my original DVD. :(

15. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    My Sonic OVA DVD is the Chinese bootleg with the godawful English subtitles. I can understand a rough translation, but holy shit, Tails isn't Diluss and Robotnik isn't Machine King. I do have ADV's white VHS tape (still in box, pretty good condition), but nothing to play it on at the moment.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I've got a fresh copy of the ADV movie on DVD. I think I've only played it all of three times.