don't click here

Sonic Origins - Known Issues

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mustapha, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Not a bug, but quite a glaring oversight: story mode is entirely unaffected by good/bad endings. I've made a full run (zero emeralds, zero good futures), and got a "100% completed" message without even playing doomsday zone.

On the other hand, I was wrong about Flying Battery boss; it does use the flamethrower. If a real bug happened the first time when I reported it, it hasn't happened again.

2. On a cutscene-related note, the S3K Outro cutscene always plays, no matter what character you select. For Tails I can excuse it, but I cannot do the same with Knuckles, who shouldn't be seeing that cutscene as the situation where that cutscene would be playing has long passed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Finishing LRZ2 as Super/Hyper Knuckles doesn't reset the music for Hidden Palace Zone -- all characters have a music glitch with the super forms in that level!

Gray super emerald uses the blue emerald colors inside the stage (altar sprite is fine).

4. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    In Knuckles' Angel Island Act 2, there's a series of three loops you can go through with moving platforms connecting a route over the top of them. I ran through the loops and then went backwards over the top of all three, and found myself stuck on the wrong plane and unable to run back through. Went over the top again in the right direction and didn't think anything of it - however, I believe I was somehow still on the wrong plane, since as I progressed through the stage I found myself unable to interact with any collapsing platforms or bridges. Any attempt to stand on them resulted in me falling through, though if I managed to hit them in a walking state at the same level as the top of them they would collapse despite me still not actually colliding with them.

5. Unidasu

Unidasu

In Knuckles' Sky Sanctuary after defeating Mecha Sonic's second phase, he's supposed to shatter into several pieces when achieving either of the "good" endings and remain intact when getting the "bad" ending.
    In Origins, he will always shatter regardless of which ending you've earned.

In Angel Island 2, the green airship is outright missing its propellers. They are present on the Zone's object sprite sheet, so they weren't completely forgotten.

6. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

It's been forever since I triggered a bad ending, so I had to look this up. Here's a video showing the behavior in Genesis Ultimate Collection:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Unidasu

Unidasu

I guess before I make comparisons between Origins and the original game I should actually cross-reference the original game and not Sonic 3 A.I.R.

8. _Sidle

_Sidle

That footage is low frame-rate enough to not actually catch the fact Mecha Sonic shatters.
    Here's some screengrabs I just took of vanilla S3K's bad ending.

upload_2022-7-5_17-35-7.png upload_2022-7-5_17-36-48.png upload_2022-7-5_17-37-17.png

Mecha also shatters in 3Complete, so 3AIR is the only one to actually change it to match the ending. Weird.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    In Sonic 3, as soon as MGZ starts you can press down, barely miss a pillar and zoom through the opening section automatically to go through a hidden wall and get a thunder shield.

But if you do it in Origins, you just hit said pillar and drop down to a lower route, it's kinda lame lol. I've tested it with both Sonic and Knuckles, maybe it still works with Tails? I heard his hitbox was smaller in the classic games.

10. Linkabel

Linkabel

So this is a new one that's going to help a lot of speedrunners.

11. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    This isn't new, it's been known about since release.

On paper, I want to be ok with this glitch since it doesn't impede progress or anything. But it's way too easy to trigger, even by accident.

12. Yeah, this bugged me. That’s always been my favorite part of MGZ and seeing it screw up so early on was lame.

Now that I’m in this thread, let me just stick in the fact that this ring is now inaccessible with Sonic alone. It’s probably been mentioned, but just in case someone is lurking and taking note of these, I’ll add it.

Attached Files:

13. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

I did! Sonic Origins - Known Issues

14. Ah, knew I remembered seeing it. I wasn’t sure what you meant by “the last ring” though until I encountered it the other day so I guess it didn’t stick in my mind.

15. corneliab

corneliab

Behold the most specific of slights otherwise unbeknownst to man: you can't turn left/right anymore after getting the last blue sphere. This is obviously an outrage.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I tried to do the HPZ reset glitch on PC last night and could not. Is the HPZ teleporter glitch still happening? I forgot to (didn't want to) test that

17. Actually, I didn't notice the same problem in Sonic 2, at least not on my playthrough. Tails always seemed to respawn when you lose him for me.

On Knuckles, maybe, I'll have to play it again to further make sure and maybe even get used to it.

18. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I dunno if this has been mentioned or if it really counts as a bug, but I'd suggest having completed character files for S1 and S2 go to the level menu like in the remakes rather than the final level. The menu still exists after all, I don't see how the latter is more practical. CD I get since it did the same thing in the remakes and there isn't an existing menu but S1 and S2 have it ready made.

Actually if they did that I would relent that Origins' Continue function isn't just a weaker format of the remakes since you would at least have a guarranteed kept file for every character play (which technically means extra save files for S2).

Also in Boss Mode, DEZ music plays in EHZ. If it's an intentional change it feels pointless when all the other levels keep their normal music.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  19. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    It seems Sonic 1 2013 didn't originally let you have "completed" save files, if the version on Amazon's app store for Kindle devices is to be believed.

20. VelvetBlueDreams

VelvetBlueDreams

I'm really starting to think they took the absolute earliest versions of the remasters for Origins. A lot of these issues weren't in the final releases, and with actual missing content on top, I don't think there's any way these can be up-to-date complete versions of these games.