don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    On DLC wishes, I echo the sentiment of bringing over locales from the 8 bit games. Not just layout ports, but remade from the ground up as of originally for the Mega Drive games. Of course there’s the obligatory Sonic 1 extended cut, but it’d great to be see a kind of mini Sonic Generations focusing on the greatest hits of the Game Gear titles. Gimmick Mountain, Tidal Plant, Sunset Park, hell maybe even reimagined Sonic Drift courses as platforming levels, such as Rainy Savannah.

2. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Does SEGA actually take fan feedback into consideration?? Maybe if enough fans speak up and are very vocal about it on social media, they can possibly add Knuckles to Sonic CD in a future update?

I feel like that’s the only thing missing from Origins right now (along with playing with limited lives in widescreen)

3. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I mean I’m not sure if it’d make a difference in short order but the past couple of years have shown that yes they do in fact listen to feedback. I’d say our best precedent would be them reneging on charging for Super Sonic in Sonic Forces, but of course the big difference there is that content was already done and ready to go.

4. Zilch

Zilch

Weet nie Member
    Considering the DRM, I have doubts on whether or not it'll function properly on platforms other than Windows.

5. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Out of interest, what's the best way to send feedback to Sega? I definitely appreciate all the new additions, because like I said earlier, it is mind-blowing that we are getting them. But the lack of Knuckles in Sonic CD and Split screen is a painful omission! I'm sure they probably do read forums and stuff but if there was a better way to communicate, it would be handy to know!

6. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

I mean it amazingly worked with Mania getting a physical edition, but I think that was made a possibility due to the addition of new characters, the Encore Mode and the missing transitions.

Hopefully in a year’s time they will have listened to fan feedback and put it all together in a physical edition for Origins. I have a feeling they will follow that same strategy as long as Origins sells well, which I really hope it does.

I would also like to know where I can leave feedback for them to make this better.

7. Pengi

Pengi

At that point it would essentially be Sonic Mania 2, but without the benefit of being able to expand upon existing level layouts and enhance existing graphics. Everything would need to be designed and drawn from scratch.

It would be too much to give away as DLC, it would be a brand new game that would sell better as a stand-alone release.

8. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

Also I pointed this out on Discord but I figured I’d share this here as well since I didn’t find a lot of people talking about it:

upload_2022-4-23_10-20-7.jpeg

This particular shot of Tails speeding through Mushroom Hill in the trailer.

It appears he’s in his super form, however he doesn’t have his “Flicky Army of Death” following him. Remember in the original game that he only got a super form with the Super Emeralds.

And also we see the after images of Tails running while super, which I think is a carryover from Mania? Sonic (and Knuckles I think) had the after images while going hyper in the original 3&K

Perhaps they moved his Flicky army to a hyper form for Tails and they gave him a super form when collecting the chaos emeralds, just like Mania??

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I admit however I wonder if the freedom with different modes and what not gives the creators a bit more freedom in what they can add here.

We don't need a whole package of new levels, but it might be fun if they get to add Desert Dazzle and Final Fever this time round, or maybe even stick in another beta level like Wood Zone.

It is a long shot, but just wondering in theory.

10. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    Apart from the removal of lives, I wonder how else they'll try and make these games more accessible to newcomers?

I think Time Over should be disabled by default in anniversary mode. I always found Time Over so annoying when I was a kid and I always turned it off in the Advance games.

11. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    The Asian website confirmed time over won't be a thing in anniversary mode.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    [​IMG]

They're there. They were just attacking something off screen, I suppose.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  13. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

Oh wow you’re right.. in real time you would not be able to see those little critters.. I had to lower the playback speed to 0.25x to see them.. good eye

There goes my theory :V

14. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I also want super forms (Miracle Sonic? Okay, not necessarily) in CD officially.

15. Turbohog

Turbohog

Wait, is there seriously no split screen? That automatically makes these versions of Sonic 2 and 3&K not definitive.

16. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Yeah, the flickies are there so it's Super Tails. However, this screenshot is from near the end of Mushroom Hill act2 after all super emeralds have been collected. So it's still possible they've added a super form (without the flickies) for Tails by collecting the chaos emeralds. They did this for Mania, so maybe SEGA have allowed a super form and then a hyper form (with the flickies) for Tails for this new version of 3K. Maybe...

Also, whilst Tails could not turn super in the Sonic 2 mobile remaster in a normal playthrough, he could turn super when using debug mode. I'd imagine it wouldn't take much work for them to modify the remaster for Origins to allow Tails to go super in a normal S2 playthrough.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
  17. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The reason they won’t officially do it now is because based on screenshots we’ve seen, they are canonically moving CD to occur between 1 and 2 so they’ll just say “Sonic hasn’t met Tails yet and he doesn’t know there’s actually 7 chaos emeralds now” :V

18. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Yes, but the bonus addition of Super Sonic in Sonic 1 negated that. I just want STK+Super Forms+S3 Sields all in the game in some fashion. Even with mods, they haven't merged all of those yet (though Restored+Knuckles gets close, and there are separate script mods for Super forms for Sonic and Tails that work).

19. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    It's not looking likely as they haven't mentioned it yet. And also, because Knuckles is not in Sonic CD, these seem to be fairly direct ports of the mobile versions which also didn’t have split screen. Of course, it could be possible that they are waiting to cover split screen in a future announcement, and they have added coins, which weren't in the mobile versions, so they aren't completely against adding things.

But it's not looking good for split screen at the moment.

I really hope S3 shields in Sonic 1 & 2 are added (and even Sonic CD), as they really freshen up the game. In mobile 1 & 2 you could only access them via level select, but it was possible to glitch them into save mode. I hope for Origins they just give the option to use them in save mode.

20. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

DLC perhaps? :V

I’m joking but also, am I really?