don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Haha fair

2. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Phew, Sonic 06. So artistic. I'm still looking for an official way to play this game. So far everything is pointing towards buying a PS3 (for authenticity reasons), but I'm not sure if that would be wise though.

Sega is trying not to milk the nostalgia train too hard, which is understandable. Ultimately, it's all about the levels and visuals. Maybe there are other ways so people can enjoy these aspects of the games?

Edit: Sorry, what I meant was... I don't need to play these games in their entirety again. Just the levels would be more than enough. Maybe enhance the graphics and animations a bit, I don't know.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  3. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    FWIW, Stealth was streaming some SAGE games last night and made no mention of being involved with Origins.. I noticed he was avoiding some of the discussion related to it in the chat so it’s likely that NDAs are preventing him from saying something.. who knows

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The actual question is "Should he have?"

5. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

IF he’s involved then obviously not :V and I wouldn’t expect him to anyway.. he wouldn’t spoil something like that

6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Whether he is involved or not he shouldn't need to reply.

7. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Did he mention not being involved with Origins?

Imma still wait for official confirmation either way.

8. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

From what I watched, he didn’t mention anything about it, which was to be expected honestly

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    • Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  10. Does anyone think it's possible that maybe Mania 2 will be inside of Origins? That was the original plan for Mania anyway, right? To be a set of bonus stages in a re-release package of the classics.

Maybe that will be the case here.

Or maybe I just desperately want a Mania 2 and will look for hope anywhere.

11. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Are you serious? Do you REALLY think they'd bury such a hotly anticipated game inside a retro compilation, instead of making a huge marketing deal of "The Sequel You've All Been Begging For!!!"?

Not trying to be mean, and I really want Mania 2 as well, but that is NOT going to happen.

12. Oh, okay. Actually I'm just speculating because we don't know anything about it. I like your certainty! We'll see.

13. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Everytime he doesn't say anything about him being involved, people go like "he didn't say it because he is" and "he didn't say it because he isn't".

14. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    guys we will find out who the developer is when they announce who the developer is

just chillax

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  15. Huh? We've known a considerable amount regarding this game for a few months now. We know that it includes non-emulated widescreen ports of Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic CD, and Sonic 3K. It is unclear whether or not Sonic 3 and/or Sonic & Knuckles will be playable separately or not, although I kind of hope that they are not. We know that this aims to be a definitive collection that both longtime fans and newcomers should be able to enjoy, and that it will include a plethora of as-yet-unknown extras. At one point there appeared to be a hint that more games may end up being included, but I wouldn't bank on that as I don't believe that was ever mentioned again.

What we don't know is who is developing it or a more specific release window than simply 2022. The release of Colours Ultimate is fast approaching now, so it may not be long until more details are revealed.

16. Right, that's what I was saying. Aside from the fact that we know Sonic 1, 2, CD, 3K are in there in (non-emulated) widescreen, we don't know anything about it. We don't know what the extras might entail. We don't know who is developing it, which would give us a clue as to what those extras might be. Thanks for the clarification.

17. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Yeah it's very unlikely that an eventual successor of Sonic Mania would be added as bonus content for a bundle of classic games instead of a unique game on its own. Both Mania 2 and Origins sell themselves.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It'd be a cool bonus if like, a demo maybe was included of a Mania 2 if it were to exist. Or a Sonic World esq thing could be created but in 2D and it could be like a 2D hub built off Mania's engine.

19. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Oh yes, a Sonic Mania 2 demo unlocked after beating the whole Origins would be awesome.

20. _Sidle

_Sidle

A Sonic Discovery (what got pitched and became Mania) unlockable like what was planned for the very early Sonic 1 build would be cute.
    Definitely don't expect that to happen for Origins specifically, but maybe one day.